Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Roof cloth is hanging...

the collector

the collector
Reaction score
Members Ride
rodeo dual cab
glue

if you dont want to spend the cash for a trimmer,go to motor traders,sprints,repco and get some spray glue/aerosol trim adhesive and do it yourself.
apply where needed or remove it compleatly and spray the whole lot on the floor.
it will last for some time but in my experience its bettter to get it replaced.
it always depends if the car is worth it?but thats up to you
cheers

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Loll..... I hoenslty dont see why you dont go to a wrecker and get a headlining out of one of those cars, cost you $20 at the most... im laughing so hard at the people that paid hundreds of dollars to get it relined...:yeah:

im laughing when yours falls down again:p

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
im laughing when yours falls down again:p

itl take years wagz, why pay hundreds of dollars when you can pay $20 and IF IT DID HAPPEN, it would be like 3yrs later anyways.

PorkoWog

Reaction score
Website
www.turt.me
Members Ride
VY Berlina
if you dont want to spend the cash for a trimmer,go to motor traders,sprints,repco and get some spray glue/aerosol trim adhesive and do it yourself.
apply where needed or remove it compleatly and spray the whole lot on the floor.
it will last for some time but in my experience its bettter to get it replaced.
it always depends if the car is worth it?but thats up to you
cheers

Well my car is certainly worth it, but how would a PROPER home job compare to that of a professional job? Would the outcome be A LOT better or very similar?

jokerflingo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VY SS 2003 - 6 Speed Manual
Hey guys im looking at redoing the headlining in my VS Ute very soon, just a couple little questions, what type of foam and fabric should i get? Mainly want to know what thickness type foam and what type of fabric? Or do i just get what i think is close to stock?

Thanks
Matt.

S2_VR_

Reaction score
Members Ride
03' M6 VY SS ute
also it's hard getting them out of the cars at the wreckers without bending them

the collector

the collector
Reaction score
Members Ride
rodeo dual cab
trimmer expert guy

propper home job?,do you have the required tools to remove the head lining to start off with then do you know how to clean it in preparation for the adhesive and lastly do you own the adhesive?
if your asking then obviously you do not
buy the time you go and purchase all the tools and adhesives you may aswell get it done by a trimmer who will give you a warranty on the job.
a tradesman auto trimmer will give you a warranty on the work done
that is the difference,depends on whether you like re doing the same job at home if your not not sure what your doing
good luck

goat

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs series 2
i put a second hand one in and started sagging badly only 2 months later... i tried making my own rof lining a while ago (did a horrible job) so no im just going to take the roof out, scrape the horrible orange foam off, and stick the same material the car came with straight back on, stuff the foam..