Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rory's 2006 Patrol

enroh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE, 69 CAMARO!
You don't need superflex arms to flex goof in the front. Leave the rear swaybar connected with extended links and remove front swaybar and she will flex heaps better. The limiting factor is your shocks. Put 50mm raised towers in and 11.5" shocks in the front and you will get atleaet 50mm more travel than you gave now. And so you know you can fit 35s on a 2" lift.

----500rwhp corn juiced & boosted ls1----

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 & 2006 Nissan Patrol ST
Yeah, I've been thinking about getting disconnects for the front and rear, that way I will keep all of my on-road manners and have extended flex for off road. Yeah extended shocks were considered but I just ended up with 2". Never put any thought into raised towers though... For 2" and 35's I would need extended radius arms or to extend the stock ones, and it would be best to have extended trailing arms too, just to centralize the rear diff in the guard.

enroh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE, 69 CAMARO!
Nah mate she's all good. Ya can get away without radius arm spacers. And if ya put extended rear arms in the tyre will hit the rear of the guard.

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nah mate she's all good. Ya can get away without radius arm spacers. And if ya put extended rear arms in the tyre will hit the rear of the guard.

Fair enough, Friend of mine is selling his Khumo MT KL71's in 35, bit much for me though, and a bit excessive for a daily...
Also, I've been seriously considering the Khumo AT KL78's you suggested, some sidebiters would be a nice addition to them to help protect the sidewall though, looking at getting some dynamic 16X8 rims to fit them on too...

Will be running 31's for a while though I think, Uni has started up again so funds will be a bit tighter...

enroh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE, 69 CAMARO!
Fair enough, Friend of mine is selling his Khumo MT KL71's in 35, bit much for me though, and a bit excessive for a daily...
Also, I've been seriously considering the Khumo AT KL78's you suggested, some sidebiters would be a nice addition to them to help protect the sidewall though, looking at getting some dynamic 16X8 rims to fit them on too...

Will be running 31's for a while though I think, Uni has started up again so funds will be a bit tighter...

Yeah mate, the kumhos are good the sidebiters aren't bad, I haven't damaged them yet and I give them an absolute flogging. Had em down to 12psi and they performed well.

The kl71s aren't real great, even as a mud tire.

And definetely go 16*8 as they are the only ones with high enough load ratings.
15" load ratings aren't real great unfortunately.

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah mate, the kumhos are good the sidebiters aren't bad, I haven't damaged them yet and I give them an absolute flogging. Had em down to 12psi and they performed well.

The kl71s aren't real great, even as a mud tire.

And definetely go 16*8 as they are the only ones with high enough load ratings.
15" load ratings aren't real great unfortunately.

I'll consider tyres more when I have more cash and when the 31's are down a bit closer to their wear markers as there is still a fair few KM's left on them.

In other news my slides for my draw system finally arrived so in the near future I'm going to have to get onto cutting my ply for the rear drawers

jqX0VoutjsTO6.jpg

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wednesday saw me build a new box for my sub, it's only temporary at this stage but it just keeps it down behind the 2nd row seat instead of on top of the draws, it was a bit of a safety hazard in a crash where it was. Its not particularly pretty but it works and keeps it out of the way. I'm thinking that a 10 inch would work better as I only have 294mm of height to work with so the 12 inch overhangs a little. Will think about things a bit more before I commit. The alternative is a sloped section for the sub so I will achieve greater height and therefore volume as well.

Kinng

CrippleFK
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6
So whens are bigger tyres and radius control arms coming?

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
So whens are bigger tyres and radius control arms coming?

Haha already done tyres mate, Just haven't got around to updating, although I have been meaning too :)

Updating from the Patrol4x4 forum from here out:

Removed the tow bar and got the tow hitch out before re-installing it.

Made up a fridge slide for on top of my drawers which was easy enough but has had some minor adjustments since first installed.

jyup6eZ8ACUU8.jpg

Then I got some 2nd hand 33 inch Micky Thompson ATZ's fitted up to my factory 17's, They are a little loud but they do their job well for what they are, have been happy with them.

jblirZlkYmsQ7m.jpg

jNIPi7Mj9nyB4.jpg

jyup6eZ8ACUU8.jpg

Next the Patrol got a Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform installed thanks to the fiancee for my birthday, even though it took 2 attempts to get the right sized rack.

JOtyadw.jpg

I then got a new drivers seatbelt installed as the old one didn't retract properly.

The rack then got a reversing light as from the factory the patrol only has 1 crappy light for rear vision so I got a 6" lightbar from eBay and installed it under the rear of the rack with cabling coming from the rear window vent, a short time later it got an awning to bolt up to the side of the rack.

oAmoKXo.jpg

nrNVQU7.jpg

wXN1yzm.jpg

I also fabbed up some mounts so the TRED's can be mounted to the roof rack as well.

I replaced the lights in the HVAC as the A/C light was dead so I replaced them both.

CoKueVx.jpg

This is where my phone plugs in for my headunit:

AzuCWaJ.jpg

Following this I installed a second battery and an isolator to help keep the Engel fridge going effortlessly on trips away. This also came with rewiring all the Cig lighter plugs, the UHF and the amp to the second battery, along with some lights in the awning.

XZULnmV.png

NKQzL7t.png

XDAu9QE.png

Thats about where the car is at currently :)