Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

runs rough, coughs and dies????

steveabbott

Stevo
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN EXEC
can ne 1 help on this 1?

my vn s1 has been off the rd for a while now, just got it back on the rd and its running worse than a hairy goat at low revs. it loses all power like there is no spark at all, then coughs and dies. there was a water leak directly onto the harmonic balaner but i fixed that, there is no water on the teeth behind it but i havent cleaned it properly yet.

there is no fault codes or anything like that, has any1 had a similar drama???
cheers
stevo

Shifty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
EF Almost Turbo
How long since you serviced it?

steveabbott

Stevo
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN EXEC
i service it quite regularly, 5k kms usually oil change etc. replaced all the seals in the top end, inlet manifold, head gaskets etc. i know my problem aint in the coil pack, just tested it wiv one i kno works, maybe the crank angle sensor???

hightekhosting

had no choice
Reaction score
Website
www.hightekhosting.com.au
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2 V6
Get the hairy goat out of the motor and it should run fine! :p

Hairy goats where only ever supposed to be installed into Fords as part of their quality assurance program. Hairy goat = poor quality assured!

lol...

In all seriousness though, it sounds to me like she needs a good tuneup, the Crank angle sensor checked/replaced and just to be sure, check your air intake sensors etc.

We actually had the same problem with one of our old VN's and we replaced the MAP sensor and that fixed it up, so even give that a shot.

Dale

steveabbott

Stevo
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN EXEC
cheers mate ill give them a try, got a whole other car i can salvage off and i no all the parts work fine...

thing is once u get the revs up it runs like a champion!

haha yer ill get rid of the ford syndrome wen i fix the car shall i?