Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

safety mood active + power reduce + check engine

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
but the problem the check engine light is off alone so if there is serious problem the check engine light must be always on thats why am confuse am afraid 2 change the pc and getingame problem like my frend hapend

yes if there was a serious mechanical problem, the light would stay on.... but going into safety mode at all is also serious and needs addressing.

....PROBLEM FROM THE((((((((((( INTAKE AIR VALVE ))))))))))))) SO NOW WHAT SHALL I DO NOW 2 MANY SOLUTION

well, these are your options mate:

a) go with workshop advice and change ECU

b) go with friends advice and change throttle body

c) go with google advice and change air intake valve

d) dont change anything because you cant make up your mind.

If it was me, I'd pick a). Reasons? Unlike friends and google, they have actually inspected the car with computer diagnostics and are qualified mechanics. Could they be wrong? Yes. But they have a better chance at being right. Your friends are really just guessing, because as you can see online there are possibly numerous different causes for this problem. And dont forget, because cars arent just mechanical anymore (computers running everything), it's not just a matter of changing the broken part for 100% result. Diagnosing computer errors is a process of trial and error. Change one part and if problem still there change another. (a pc not booting for instance could have a faulty motherboard, ram, or power supply... unless you can test each component seperately, you cant be 100% what is causing it). No way around it. That's why 3 different sources are telling you different things for same problem. All of them 'might' fix it. But I'd still go with the mechanic. His guess is better than the others because he's got the equipment to make a better assessment. And if it doesnt fix it, well.... then you only have 2 to pick from next time.

Edited: One thing you could try. Since your friends have had same problem, I assume they have same car? Use their parts to try in your car to test for problem... like a pc diagnosis.