Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Saftey systems on VE

Alex05

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6
Hey mate

Heel toe brake and accelerator, rev up, side step

Are you releasing clutch or dropping the clutch?

salute the ute

DRIVING IS A PASSION
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute Series II Perfect Blue
I got an 8.. But if this thudding noise your getting doesn't happen in the wet and TC is turned off I'd be assuming its something else. Does it feel bouncy (for lack of a better word) when you try to spin the rear wheels in the dry?

It abit ruff, it doesn’t seem to be doing any damage just seems to be something stopping it from happening.

the thud is axle tramp......not good for drive train, things snap very easy when that happens

Ill take that on board thanks mate.

does daddy know your thrashing his car ?

Yes i BORROWED money from my dad, people borrow money from the bank. You wouldn’t say does the bank know your thrashing their car, would you ?

Hey mate

Heel toe brake and accelerator, rev up, side step

Are you releasing clutch or dropping the clutch?

I'm not using the brake that may be why, what I’m doing is revving up high revs then dumping the clutch.

it's a maual ute and you can't lose traction? you've probably already f**ked your clutch causing it to slip under pressure

It loses traction just not well. I here a few thuds that sounds like the wheels trying to grab the road then it stops. There’s no problem with the clutch I can assure you that.

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
I'm with toey.. It's axle tramp.. Happens in alot of utes..
Makes it feel like your back tires are square instead of round.

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
It's hit and miss mate.. You can control it by how you launch the car.. But that takes practice that can break things..

Modifying your rear suspension is another option..

salute the ute

DRIVING IS A PASSION
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah practice that will break things. Thats really annoying but, I cant do them to often anyway. I haven't tried using the brake at the same time though. Would this help do you reckon ?

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
Okay axle tramp as I understand it is when the vehicle squats at the rear when applying power to the drive train but if it can't sustain the force to keep the wheels on the ground it sort of bounces giving you lots of downwards pressure on the rears then none..
Applying the foot brake (lightly - you don't mash the pedal when you're at WOT) is going to cause the front to lower.. It may help.. But I reckon stiffer springs in the rear.. Maybe FE2 if they aren't already installed would be a better option..

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Pfft limiter is there to protect the engine

My bad hitting the rev limiter is good for the engine. And constantly engaging the rev limiter is looking after the engine as it protects it My bad. High revs and rev limiter engagement is abuse/thrashing test your theory with holden ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

salute the ute

DRIVING IS A PASSION
Reaction score
Members Ride
Okay axle tramp as I understand it is when the vehicle squats at the rear when applying power to the drive train but if it can't sustain the force to keep the wheels on the ground it sort of bounces giving you lots of downwards pressure on the rears then none..
Applying the foot brake (lightly - you don't mash the pedal when you're at WOT) is going to cause the front to lower.. It may help.. But I reckon stiffer springs in the rear.. Maybe FE2 if they aren't already installed would be a better option..

What do you mean by WOT ?

I'll the brake next time, I might aswell get stiffer springs and maybe ower a tiny bit too.