Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sandman's R33 Skyline Drift project

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
So I went for a scenic drive today to drop off the car for its new wrap, should have it back in a few weeks. Also got my wing back from Shockworks with a nice new sticker too.

cWw0Rh6.jpg

dgE5p8s.jpg

Last edited:

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Was trying to wait to show this off when I had some nicer photos, but bugger it, here it is. Colour isn't exactly right being phone pics but you get the idea. Colour looks unreal in the sunlight.

HBesSkS.jpg

KCBsFOb.jpg

XS1cM73.jpg

LYw6EXh.jpg

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
That looks amazing mate, fantastic to see it done

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
No progress, but went and did some photos with the new livery a few weeks back. Colour doesn't portray as nicely as I'd like, but here it is anyway. Will show some phone photos later in the full sun which actually shows the colour better.

K5CjpvO.jpg

p6P35mY.jpg

RMVjZet.jpg

HQnUOG7.jpg

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Without knowing what it looks like IRL, I reckon it looks awesome in those pics.

Reactions: Lex

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Cheers, pretty happy with how its come out. These were done on my phone at the same time before the sun went down. Second photo shows closer how it looks in direct sunlight.
OeGU6tH.jpg

wCUQbty.jpg

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Not super relevant to by 33 build, but kinda close enough as I don't have any decent update on it.

Last weekend Vicdrift had a private day at Calder Park on the Thunderdome and one of my mates got me to drive his BA Falcon setup with as a camera chase car. Its a 2 man operation with me driving the car and him operating the camera controls from the passenger seat. In the morning the camera was mounted on the rear with us leading ahead of cars and then in the afternoon it was front mounted so we chased. Was a very different experience and came out with some very cool footage.

3UNu1pu.jpg

IYdRE9g.jpg

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Started plumbing my oil cooler today, I had a Taarks filter mount, but wanted to mount the filter above the rail on the Drivers side near where the cooler piping passes through. With this in mind, I bought a Raceworks filter mount as this allowed the lines to pass through in the same direction as the rail rater than from underneath. Ufortunately by the time you get fittings on and with how far this mount sticks out from its mounting face, it didn't really fit between the bottom rad hose and the shroud. So with no real other alternatives I went back to the original Taarks one and mounted it to the left of the fuse box, its the least painful location i could make it work, as it now eats up some of the room I stick my arm in to change the fuel filter, but without a better option here we are. 4 M5 bolts secure it to the body from in the wheel arch and it sits in there nicely. I've been trying to straighten out my roll of -10 hose today to so I can have a crack at running the lines tomorrow, there will be some tight bends thuogh so the less shape it has to start with the better.

Filter on the mount with the hose ends, the extra extensions on the LHS were when I thought I needed extra clearance which isn't needed anymore.
XTdQOV1.jpg

Mounted in position with the hose ends on the bottom of the mount
dFRZZwl.jpg

Rough idea on how the hoses will look at the cooler end
0jqfX9e.jpg

Last edited: