Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sandmans' VC SL

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Quicksilver and Line locker.
jBGjNMn.jpg

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Not a great deal of progress, but pulled the aircon out finally. That was a shocker of a job. So the dash is all over the place now, so working on a Parcel shelf setup to house a pair of 6x9s. Also picked up a VS dual diaphragm booster which I will run with a Wilwood MC. Not much progress but progress.

8epatle.jpg

HlVg5hf.jpg

gLqo0i1.jpg

BxSrrBU.jpg

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
Acs a prick of a job, good on you..

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Yeah cheers, got a non AC heater box on its way from SA at the moment. Trying to work out how to make 6x9s look factory in the rear parcel shelf too, not doing well so far at it haha.

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
I placed some 20mm form Ply on top of the steel shelf to give the depth without butchering the car and then trimmed it to match

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Setrab transmission cooler
Gwsrqx9.jpg

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
So not too much happening really, but as it does stuff snowballs, so I've now yanked a guard off to start prepping it to paint under there as well as under the floor of the whole car. The wiring for the headlight loom, as well as the washer bottle and horn will also be mounted under here too. Fair bit of dirt and crap under there but no signs of rust or anything which is a good sign. Probably won't happen for a couple of weeks as you can see my HQ also is on stands with no front end. Hopefully my bits for that show up this week and I can get it back on the ground and move it across a bit, as its a bit too close to the VC at the moment to be stripping and painting.
gTF4sBl.jpg

Twifq9A.jpg

se0fFSP.jpg

n4e2Bdq.jpg

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Look forward to pics of how you neaten this up....cool to see what others do their cars.

On a vk mainly hid everything under dash & hid rest in plenum chamber under lowe fab cover...when I got sle wiring was so took ages just to get it reasonable.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Hopefully shouldn't be too much of a task with the small amount of wiring in the bays of these. But between the plenum (Have a Lowe fab cover too) and guards I should have plenty of room for everything

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
So this saw daylight for the first time in months yesterday. And I have two new favourite things, rapid strip discs and the Carbuilders Bully Liner whatever it is coating. Did the underside of the drivers side guard as shown in maybe 2 hours to strip and paint (without drying time) which was a lot quicker than I expected. This is brushed on too, as I didn't really want to spray in my shed or driveway and it came out great. I still have to do the rest of the inner guard on the drivers side, hopefully after I get a spare day after I get back from Bathurst.

Also I think this is also a genuine 24,000k car. It had 22,000 when I bought it but never believed it, but just noticed the service sticker on the windscreen saying 2004 and 15,000kms. Which although it doesn't mean a lot is kind of cool to see. What I'll try and do is match the kms of the original cluster to that of the sle one I'll put in it. Or maybe swap the odometers, whatever it takes to retain the ks.

Before
yghiwHq.jpg

During
oM0I8Pb.jpg

After
zNfTq9c.jpg

sIVhC47.jpg

e9u8BJP.jpg