Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

school report cards

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
was that more than like 5 years ago tho??? try getting a job with year 10 education NOW? today, tommorow the next day.... doesnt happen and if it does then you obviously are smart enough to of finished highschool and get your year 12 qualifications

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
minux said:
How does that make it hard? I know a senior partner at kpmg that only finished year 10, went through Melb uni at 24, haven't looked back since. They said themselves the course isn't too hard :) From the subjects/assignments and so forth i looked through, doesn't seem that hard. Different people will find different things tough.

Mate, Law is one of the most grueling university courses. Alongside Engineering, Med and Actuarial studies.. I have done two law subjects and know first hand just how hard it is. Very enjoyable, but hard nonetheless..

What makes it hard is that you're competing with the best of the best. If you a bit more knowledge of a Com/Law curriculum, your perspective would change. Law subjects involve a **** load of reading and just churning out the assignments is not enough.. You need to do well in them, compared to other students..

People look at a Law degree from Melbourne a lotdifferent to a Teaching one.. The Melbourne Uni law degree is a signal that you've done something hard..

Maybe have a closer look at the stuff.. It IS hard..Otherwise every Tom, Dick and Harry would have a Melb Uni law degree..

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
personaly i cant speak for teachers, i have absolutly no idea how teachers do their job, but they have the full respect from me, it would by far be the hardest job trying to teach a group of pubesent teenage kids about maths when all the boys can think about it boobs or football, and all the girls are thinking about is boys (or girls who knows)

my point i wanted to try and make is where does the education system get off, choosing these stupid subjects, my daughter struggles to read and write, and it's no fault of the school, it comes down to some hobnob in the dick head department in the qld education department who chooses what kids need to know.

in my industry that im in, you need a minimum of yr 12, (i got in with yr 10, age was on my side only) you need a minimum of a ha (high acheivement) in maths b and physics, with a pass in english, and 2 other core subjects.

i personaly it's not the teachers who should be blamed, some of them do suck yeah sure, but you alway's have a few bad apples. it's the god dam state department who makes these decesions, do some so-called impact statements by survaying 200 students and teachers and figure out that the sytem is failing, bring back the maths, english and science, screw doing busness studdies, who cares about art, whats the point on agricutural studies, (cows go moo, you eat them, and make poo) technology studies, yeah, learn where technology is heading, metal work and wood work, whats the point. home economics can take a back seat for all i care (parents can teach kids how to cook, sow and stuff like that) and english, if engilsh was back to the way it should be i would prob not have any bloody speling mistakes in this sentence and it would be set out with comma's, fullstops, and punctuation.

the title for qld is QLD THE SMART STATE hahahaha, who is joking there

dont mind me, im just pissed of that some old bastard in a office somewhere who catn even turn on his computer decides that the course structure needs to change, it's basicaly turning our kids into dumb kids, for crying out loud, in grade 2 i could do my maths, my spelling, and i was reading like a champ. my daughter is in grade 2, and she is realy strugling big time

trepaul

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina 308
this is just another case of political correctness gone mad. i wouldn't blame the teachers, they are told what to teach the kids these days.

this is more of a case of an activist government grooming the adults of tomorrow to think like they do. just look at the way we all believe global warming is our fault. does anyone care that it hasn't been conclusively proven that humans are causing the earth to warm?

just read beneath the flowery, say-nothing language and it's not that complicated. hey, i work in government, i should know.

and haven't they just replaced the grade 'fail' with 'yet to be achieved'?

MBS206

Reaction score
minux said:
That is so full of ****. My other half is a teacher, i seen what she did to pass with high distinction, it isnt an easy course.
The problem with teaching today is teachers CANNOT enforce discipline. They cannot do a thing, hell they can get into a trouble for breaking up 2 kids fighting.

I say to people like you, go out and do it yourself and understand what **** they have to go through.

People liek you piss me the hell off. Blame society for teaching problems of today, not the large group of teachers who cherish their job and do the best they can in a ****ed up society.

Oh and for the record, speak to even private school teachers about the changes over the past 15 years. My grandmother(principle of a highly reputable private school for 20 years) will tell you this herself.

Oh and lastly, it is like EVERY OTHER INDUSTRY there is bad apples in everything peopl do.
I have to 100% agree here.

Whilst there are a few teachers who do struggle with proper english/maths. The teachers get a damn HARD time. You couldn't pay me 150K a year to teach! The kids these days are damn little shits.

Parents complain that there son/daughter has been disciplined for doing something blatantly wrong.
THEN.
Said child misbehaves constantly at home, and said parents then complain to the school the teachers are not disciplining there kids.

Hence. It's a load of ****, and teachers have no power!
I worked as an IT admin at a primary school, and the **** the teachers had to put up with, I nearly belted a few kids in the head!

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
I'd be a teacher for 150K a year for sure. just think of all the holidays. It really depends on the teacher. If you're any good, kids will listed to you. I tought myself most of yr12 applicable maths out of the book because my teacher was an idiot, but teachers who knew their **** got the respect they deserved

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
and another vote for law/comm being hard from me. Well, commerce is piss easy but the law is the hard part apparently, difficult course to get into. Unlike teaching

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
brownie82 said:
Gee mate i never got any of that all got was "needs attention"

Some of mine weren't as shining as my examples I had there, basically from Grade 5 onwards the reports became less and less glowing, in particular Woodwork in High School, funny how I managed to fail that and still pick up a wood machinist job straight out of year 11.

One day my old woodwork teacher came in to get some offcuts for the high school and the look on his face when he saw me was priceless :D

gumbs

Spoon?
Reaction score
Members Ride
Jap Crap dreaming of an LS1
That really is pretty sad. A report like that is pointless a written report by the teacher is all thats needed for early schooling.

I got Lloyd is very capable but doesn't put in enough effort.

I never had a problem with primary teachers they all managed to do their jobs pretty well, its when you start getting into high school and teachers are trying to teach you complicated maths which you know they never managed to pass in high school, because if they did they wouldn't be a teacher.