Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Seeking advice on how much I can get for the 5L

Tutty121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS S2 GEN 3
Isnt the 5ltr a common engine converstion into the kingswoods?. and pritty much the earlier commdores aswell?. as they pritty much bolt in? Thats why they hold there value pritty well. Should keen it and stroker it :D

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
$2500 is just my opinion of what I might pay, take it as just my twisted opinion mate :) By the way very possible you could get more. Only reason I think you might have trouble is that panel damage, makes it look worse, I'm guessing the engine is good nick? But that boot will put people off. Plus it's a series I, they are worth less and less these days.

But if I you call the low of $2500 and a high of $5000. $3750, that's not too bad really, closer to what you could hope for.

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
I honestly don't think you will have many genuine buyers once they see the condition. They will more then likely straight away presume its been flogged and not looked after. How did it get it such a shitty state in the first place? Im not saying you did im just curios lol

Longman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6.0 Auto
If you look at the pluses, it is a calais, so fully optioned, parting out is the way to go:

- motor/gearbox/pcm/bcm/loom etc as a conversion kit is popular for V6 Vts, earlier cars & rods.
- The Leather interior will always sell for good $$.
- Even the woodgrain bits would sell well.
- Genuine SS kits with foggies are very sought after.
- Aftermarket CAI are pricey so sell well secondhand.
- Electric window kits are sought after.
- Cruise control setup is also popular for exec upgrades.

I reckon just selling this lot alone will fetch far more than the car is worth as a whole. Worth a thought if you have the time to part it.

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
In WA if the rego runs out you have 3 months to pay it before you have to hand the plates in. If that's the case where you live, pay the bloody rego. Cars are worth lots more licensed than they are unlicensed. Selling this LICENSED as a project car would fetch you around the $3,500 mark I would think.

OR, bring it to WA and sell it everything goes for more over here you'd get $4,500 for it LICENSED all day long.

S.T.K.E

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 D22 Navara Dual Cab 4x4
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Since your in Brisbane. I'd be happy to take some parts off your hands :)