Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Seized engine??!!! VF SS II

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon

lmfvf2ssredlineute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf2 ssv redline lmf ute
your motor and parts injectors, aircon pump, starter motor, heads ect are worth loads more than $500, strip it down if you can if storage space is a problem.
that wrecker would sell your heads alone for over $1000 to $1500
dont let him stooge you
as others have said the parts are only going up in value and if the cars a long term keeper keep them for spares
and if you dont need or use them and sell the car after a few years on you will get back alot more than $500
good luck with the new motor, only having done 38k on it should be like a new motor
enjoy the ls3 they are a great motor and love to rev to 6000-7000k and so smooth cheers mate

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
too be fair, the NRMA guys are mechanics who've had enough of working in a stinking workshop while some asshole charges out their labour at $150/hr.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
too be fair, the NRMA guys are mechanics who've had enough of working in a stinking workshop while some asshole charges out their labour at $150/hr.

A fair few RAA mechanics I have struck wouldn't work in an iron lung, hence why they are doing that job....

I worked with a fella, that got shunted out of a major car dealership, because he was a lazy truck....He worked with me, because Daddy owned the place, so he could stuff ass round, playing with his knob and get paid for it

As soon as Daddy sold the shop, he bolted to the RAA, so he could continue playing with himself and get paid to do it...IMA, he wouldn't know how to change a wheel on a push bike, he is that useless.

And that's just 1 RAA bloke I know of

henrytad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SS 6.2L
As I’m waiting for my mechanic to finish the job, I just got a call from fair trading today. GM Holden want to see my logbook services as part of my reimbursement claim.

I’ve sent through what I could, but about 4 of the pages are missing (before my ownership). Most likely I guess they’re gonna say it wasn’t serviced so they aren’t responsible.

But I’ll keep you guys updated with what they say

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
As I’m waiting for my mechanic to finish the job, I just got a call from fair trading today. GM Holden want to see my logbook services as part of my reimbursement claim.

I’ve sent through what I could, but about 4 of the pages are missing (before my ownership). Most likely I guess they’re gonna say it wasn’t serviced so they aren’t responsible.

Not having every single service record on hand, there is a good chance they will knock you back.

The reason being and a very good reason is, they can say, the reason those pages are missing is because it wasn't actually serviced.....And no one can prove different with them missing

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

Not having every single service record on hand, there is a good chance they will knock you back.

The reason being and a very good reason is, they can say, the reason those pages are missing is because it wasn't actually serviced.....And no one can prove different with them missing
Even if Holden knew the vehicle was serviced, if the owner doesn’t have the records because the book wasn’t stamped, would you trust Holden to fess up?

So I’d want to supplement my service booklet records and go to a Holden dealer and have them check the service status, when and where it was done. If it was serviced at Holden, they’d have a record of the fact because of the fixed price stuff.. If it was done, the dealer would be able to reprint the service receipt.

I’d also be contacting the previous owner and politely asking for all their records and recollections. After all, if you know it was serviced at an independent mechanic, they may have records they can also share…

Put another way, don’t just rely on the service booklet… chase up as much as you can to bolster your case.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Question begs, how can you loose 4 pages from a service booklet?

And more importantly, the first 4....

Yeah, chase up any records you can, but the above questions do need to be answered

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Question begs, how can you loose 4 pages from a service booklet?

And more importantly, the first 4....

Yeah, chase up any records you can, but the above questions do need to be answered
At least he has the book, hahaha.