Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Selling newer commy for an older one?

VSSPak

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VS S Pack
Ive always wanted a vp calais, and finally ive found one that i wanna buy..But atm i have a VS S Pak. no problems wit it at all, been a good car 2 me..

Wat my question is...would u sell a newer car for an older one?? like for example the vs has a newer engine and body etc..

Just wanted your view on the situation..Thanks

wadeson88

Reaction score
mate of mine did a straight swap for a vx berlina gen 3, fr a vs ss. the vs ss is in immacualte conditon, sound system worth bout 6 grand.

i love the vs ss alot more but

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
Personally... I wouldn't

BUT, you say you've always wanted a VP Calais, and now that you've found one, if its really the car that you want, then go for it... Maybe take it for a bit of a drive before hand though, dont want to get rid of a car that you enjoy for something thats only going to cause you problems

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
depends how much you love the car really, i sold a VN Clubsport and bought a VC SLE.

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
You could probably get a VS Calais for not much difference of the S pak. Does it have to be a VP? All depends on how much money you've spent on the VS such as power steering pump, suspension, bushes, tyres, etc. You could end up spending all that on the VP. Is it worth it? I'd be shopping around for a VP International if so. You didn't mention if the VP would be a V8 or V6.

VSSPak

Reaction score
Members Ride
Only thing ive doen to the VS is the sub, amp, and cd deck which is all coming out if i sell it... Only moeny ive lost on it is of course the bills (which any car is guna do) so forget that.. and a service...other than that nothing..

Vp Calais lowered with rims looks so sexy...2day i was kickin footy near my place and a white 2 tone vp calais went past with lowered and rims...i think ti was a sign..

All im asking is...am i stupid selling a 95 VS S Pack with 230'000 k m and an ecotec motor that has hardly given me trouble for a VP calais with 156'000 on the clock.

both v6's btw.

The Darkness

Junk Yard Dog
Reaction score
Members Ride
Charged VT V6 A4
just out of curiosity, how much are you buying the vp for and selling the Vs for?

Last edited:

VSSPak

Reaction score
Members Ride
buying the VP for $4500, guy is guna gime a sub and amp he had in it too...which will go with the 1 i currently got.

And im selling the VS for $5500..its immac. and already been given an offer for that.

By the way..of coruse im not guna buy the VP if when i go look at it/drive it its a peice of ****..

Vp= 156'000kms
VS = 240'000

Remember VP is 15 years old so that amount of Km's is amazing.