Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

September 11 ...10 years on.

Shedvl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 25th Anniversary Commodore
Its hard to believe that soon it will be the 10 year anniversary of the 9/11 attacks.
I remember that day clearly. My husband had the tv on while he was getting ready for work and he came in and woke me up and said you have to see this.
I was horrified. Its the only time Ive ever sat all day looking at the television. Given the huge coverage it received over the next few days I had to change the channel for my own sanity. The level of grief that those people faced was unimaginable. I think because it was such a huge number of deaths in an instant and it was premeditated.
It changed our world. It was one of those "Where were you when you heard" moments.
I was just wondering what people remember about that day..where they were, what they thought etc?
and for those members here that are a bit younger...do you remember it at all ?

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
Oh I was pissed...... Woke up in the morning and cheese tv wasn't on......

LOL me too, i was getting ready for school and my dad runs in and goes "new yorks been blown up" and i was like "WHAT? the whole city???" cant believe its been 10 years already

F l a k

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec
Oh I was pissed...... Woke up in the morning and cheese tv wasn't on......

Haha oh god, I thought the same thing lol. That and aerobics OZ style. Lol

But yeah, in all seriousness it was horrible and I don't think we'll forget it in our lifetimes.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
I had a very late night up with a sick 2yr old, was bludging on the internet and had tv on in the background. Glanced over, saw a plane flying into a building and thought wtf!!! Watched a bit more in disbelief, went to bed eventually and woke up later wondering if it was a dream.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
i slept through it, woke up at nearly 12 in the afternoon (lived in maine at the time). then got straight on the phone to my people in NY all the lines were flooded took ages to connect, had to keep dialing... it was ####in chaos.... went to my brothers house, he was cleaning and loading weapons. he thought the end was coming...

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
I had the radio as my alarm, I heard the tone in the voices of the guys on the radio and went down to the tv worried. My flatmate was watching the news and promptly said the world was screwed. I must say he was pretty much spot on. near work they put up flags for every person killed, kinda makes that morning come back to me every time I walk past it.

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
I was at boarding school in Grade 11. I woke up and my roommate was saying something about bombs and terrorists and planes. Wasn't fully awake at that stage so I thought he was talking about a computer game. Fired up the computer and saw a photo of one of the towers on fire and went, "WTF!?!?!?" and then realised exactly what had happened.

I don't think its something that we will ever forget...in the few minutes that it happened, the world changed forever.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
10 years ago. I had more hair and was driving around in a VB. i might have been watching lettermen sports tonight ? don't recall. then the news came on about an accident which later wasn't. i believe i watched it all night and didn't eat or drink a thing.