Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

series 2 ssv IQ system problems

Anthssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV sports wagon series 2
I will take one and put it up.
But until do I put the camera under the bumper on an angle more or less under the right side of the number plate. I didn't put it in the middle looking straight down because when I tried it like that I couldn't tell if the bar was going to hit a gutter or clear it you can with it on the angle. You also get a bit of a view in front of the car. Looks like an on board view with a V8 super car when you bring it up when your driving.

Anthssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok here are the pics of the camera mounting position and the view it has on the IQ screen.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1317710639.981203.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1317710639.981203.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 478
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1317710679.263085.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1317710679.263085.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 469
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1317710751.971747.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1317710751.971747.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 445

Hendy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SV6
Cheers Anthssv looks cool

The_Doctor

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Series 2 Redline
tHE SAT NAV IS CRAP, SENDS YOU THE LONG WAY.....I USE MY TOMTOM ON MY IPHONE, MUCH BETTER.

Anthssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes I prefer my Tom Tom app on my iPhone but I do like being able to just press a button to see the streets around me.
And the longer I have the iQ the better it seems to work by that I mean I no longer have a blank screen
On start up or loose the radio volume or no radio all together, it just works all the time every time now.
Better late then never.

Sidney

Reaction score
Members Ride
ssv v8 series 11
Don't hold your breath with issues being solved with the IQ system,I have a late 2011 VE SSV, it has been back to the dealer 3 times,the last visit I was assured all the bugs had been fixed as a software update was installed. It completely crashed after I picked it up.I returned to the dealer and it looks like a whole new IQ replacement-very disappointing for a brand new car. Holden should have got this system right before they rolled it out.
I was told that Holden engineers are still writing software and trying to figure out how to fix problems with the Holden IQ, I believe this is true because of my own experiences

RayLamp

Gone Fishin'...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline and LTZ RG Colorado
Upon reading this thread again, a lot of the problems with IQ/Series 2 cars sound very similar to my series 1. It's just that the audio interface has changed.

The HVAC controls look the same on a series 2 as the series 1, although they look separated from the head unit.

The IQ probably is buggy as, but I think the problem is deeper in the car. BCM, some form of central computer. Because my car used to do the freezing of all controls thing, it used to be only solved by restarting the car.

I think the underlying computer system is the problem here - the IQ system (and the old audio system in series 1 cars) is just a red herring in ways. Sure, they are buggy, but it doesn't seem as if the change to the IQ system has solved the problems. It's the interface between the IQ and the main computer, or more to the point, the main computer, which is crappola.

Even though the VF sounds mouth watering in its new goodies, I dont think I could go through the crashing computer issues with the HVAC system again. Pity.

racka

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SS-V
Don't hold your breath with issues being solved with the IQ system,I have a late 2011 VE SSV, it has been back to the dealer 3 times,the last visit I was assured all the bugs had been fixed as a software update was installed. It completely crashed after I picked it up.I returned to the dealer and it looks like a whole new IQ replacement-very disappointing for a brand new car. Holden should have got this system right before they rolled it out.
I was told that Holden engineers are still writing software and trying to figure out how to fix problems with the Holden IQ, I believe this is true because of my own experiences

I've got the same car - picked mine up just over 2 weeks ago (see my other thread regarding the issues I've had so far). Apparently a new IQ update came out this week, so mine's getting updated tomorrow. Fingers crossed that it solves the problems.

swingn_wasabi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V Redline Ute
Sorry to dig up an old thread...

My IQ system reset itself the other day for no good reason. In fact, it looks like the entire cars computer reset.

All stored radio stations are gone (Not a huge deal, but still annoying) but it also turned off all the settings for locking doors automatically etc.

In the process of setting it all back to the way I want / had it, but is this a common problem? Or could this be something a tad more sinister?