Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

-= Series III L67 VS Ute =-

JTR007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB, VN, VS, VX & VF
looking good, i did my dash i felt, never again. faded, dirty easy.
ripped it out got myself a stato dash!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Series III 1999
havent done to much as getting some cash for the l67, but picked up a mini spool yesterday and will be whacking her in this weekend to see how she goes,

also will be respraying the ute Vodoo blue the same as the VE's should look mint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Series III 1999
Ok so spool is in and it is a whole new ball game haha, must admit much better traction, pity that as soon as i put it in the next day had to be rain...
wasnt too bad , really all comes down to driving sensibly and not like a complete tosser, little bit of shuddering on sharp turns but if i get on the brake a little bit while takin short turns it really helps.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Should of bought a real locker instead of a spool. Not only the legalities but have fun chewing tyres etc.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Series III 1999
What do you mean like a true tac or something?, and the only way my tyres will wear stupidly fast is if i put my foot down and be stupid which is very rarely, beside i can usually pick up a set of stockos for a carton of piss.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
What do you mean like a true tac or something?, and the only way my tyres will wear stupidly fast is if i put my foot down and be stupid which is very rarely, beside i can usually pick up a set of stockos for a carton of piss.

Having the diff locked will mean it will chatter at low speeds which will wear tyres. Something the cops now are pretty clued on with.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Series III 1999
Having the diff locked will mean it will chatter at low speeds which will wear tyres. Something the cops now are pretty clued on with.

Yeah i'm aware of that lol.. i ment when you said get a proper locker and its not that bad. If there were cops near me i would just have to be cautious, not that hard.

I wouldn't mind getting a detroit diff but a bit expensive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Series III 1999
You should definitely get it down the 1/4 mile, very interested to see what it does being auto, I'll have almost same mods with a manual but, and still stock diff aswell for now

Yeah mate me too haha, they got WinterNats on this weekend and the next test'n'tune is on the 18th, but i will let you know as soon as i do

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Series III 1999
got around to changing brake pads as they were rooted lol could just peel off the last tiny bit of pad on the old ones wasnt good lol, also headin back down the 1/4 mile wednesday or saturday for some new times, would be happy with mid to low 15s