Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Service power steering warning

anubhav53

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Calais V
Hi,
I have recently started getting the service power steering warning when driving my 2015 VFii Calais V. Unfortunately, my VIN is not listed in the Holden recall for the power steering replacement.
Has anyone had a similar issue and not part of the recall? Did you have to pay out of pocket to replace the steering rack or did Holden agree to fix it for no charge?

Thanks in advance!!

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Have you read through the sticky thread?

From memory at least one person had an issue on his VF which wasn’t on the vin list of defective vehicles. Can’t remember if he had it fixed under statutory warranty (which Holden often called good will) but worth reading/skimming the whole thread as that owner and other owners situations may help you formulate an argument to your selling dealer ;)

Also check the vehicle system for DTC’s as that would be a good sides since lots of different issues can cause the same message to appear :p

uurP1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS-V Redline
How did you go with it @anubhav53 ? Not sure if the problem continued in the vf2