Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Setting correct odometer with new cluster

mstrjon32

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Thanks for the replies, everyone. Bought the car and am enjoying it, already done over 1000km and she's running right. Thanks for the information about just replacing the lens, didn't even consider that as an option. I'll have a look at the yard when I have a little more time and see if I can find a replacement, but as it is the crack isn't too annoying.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Thanks for the replies, everyone. Bought the car and am enjoying it, already done over 1000km and she's running right. Thanks for the information about just replacing the lens, didn't even consider that as an option. I'll have a look at the yard when I have a little more time and see if I can find a replacement, but as it is the crack isn't too annoying.

Thanks for the follow up.

A lot of good advice is given here but sadly many of those who just join with one question, don't bother to let the forum know the outcome.

Thumps up for not being one of those members.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Something else I forgot to mention with HSV clusters, you can fit the HSV outer perspex assembly and gauge facia to any VF cluster. You can pop the gauge needles off with a bit of cloth underneath 2 teaspoons and push the needles back on. The HSV cluster in my Redline Ute has the original SSV electronics behind it with only a facia swap! Electronically the SSV, Calais and HSV clusters are the same part and can all be programmed with HSV, Calais or SSV software.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Something else I forgot to mention with HSV clusters, you can fit the HSV outer perspex assembly and gauge facia to any VF cluster. You can pop the gauge needles off with a bit of cloth underneath 2 teaspoons and push the needles back on. The HSV cluster in my Redline Ute has the original SSV electronics behind it with only a facia swap! Electronically the SSV, Calais and HSV clusters are the same part and can all be programmed with HSV, Calais or SSV software.
The vt-vx clusters are the same, can be programmed & you can change the fascias too.

I imagine the vy & the vz clusters would be in the same boat?

NJD-1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF-S2 SV6 Commodore
Something else I forgot to mention with HSV clusters, you can fit the HSV outer perspex assembly and gauge facia to any VF cluster

Always wondered if it would fit, good to know!

When I swapped a coloured Redline cluster into my SV6, I swapped the Black Fascia from my cluster to the coloured panel as the fascia that came with it was faded slightly, but I do like the design on the HSV version.

Too bad most people want about $1000 for HSV clusters......

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
if ur swapping dials to hsv then make sure that the scale reading speed and rpm is the same as u already have otherwise it will make those readings incorrect, hsv usually read higher then others on the dials

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
if ur swapping dials to hsv then make sure that the scale reading speed and rpm is the same as u already have otherwise it will make those readings incorrect, hsv usually read higher then others on the dials
Scale is the same in VF between HSV and SSV. Some of the earlier model HSV clusters had higher speedo readings and different scaling. I tested the scaling with the HSV programmed electronics and SSV facia, and the RPM vs speed is the same!

20211027_235021.jpg