Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

sexual harrassment and work place bullying.`

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Unfortunately you can be talking to one of your friends, and someone standing around the corner you didn't even know was there could be listening and taking offense to what you say, and they can have you for harassment, without you even knowing they overheard you talking.

This is what is wrong with the world. Too many damn Princesses taking offence. Sure if you were saying someone was a slut who had slept with half the Department, that wasn't necessarily true and she heard you, but seriously I have heard some pathetic stories where people need to stop being so damn delicate and harden up. Lives are being ruined. There is a line between being harrassed and simply overhearing something about your religion / race and taking offence, and this line needs to be defined and we need to stop placating all these sensitive people.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
We had someone try to sue us once, on her first day of work too. Said I called her fat, and said another staffer was discriminating against her because she was a homosexual. Well I never called her fat, and considering Im 120kg I highly doubt I would be in much of a position to speak, and the male staffer who apparently 'hates all homosexual', is, you guessed it, a homosexual, a really nice guy we all liked.

She never won the case. We just assumed whe was one of those people who go job-to-job and keep trying to sue so they don't have to work. Or that she just has MAJOR mental problems.

the_trademarc

The Cult Of Personality
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Members Ride
E-Series 1 Clubsport R8
This is what is wrong with the world. Too many damn Princesses taking offence. Sure if you were saying someone was a slut who had slept with half the Department, that wasn't necessarily true and she heard you, but seriously I have heard some pathetic stories where people need to stop being so damn delicate and harden up. Lives are being ruined. There is a line between being harrassed and simply overhearing something about your religion / race and taking offence, and this line needs to be defined and we need to stop placating all these sensitive people.

41785_352122699002_2937899_n.jpg

I give one of these to everyone who acts like a soft #### around me, mates or co-workers. Yes I've gotten into a bit of strife but its really what they need.

the_trademarc

The Cult Of Personality
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Members Ride
E-Series 1 Clubsport R8
nice little topic,
anyone here upto date with their current law's regarding harrassment in the work place? need to talk to you via pm.

Seriously though mate, we just did a 2-day course last week on workplace bullying and sexual harassment and the like (yes 2 whole days!), so I'm happy to help out if you like.

discomat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
PM me OP, I have a major in HR. May be able to help you.

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
I was at work one day (current workplace, few years ago) and Stacey* asked me if I was dating Jane*, a fellow employee. I said "Nah, she wants my bits!" in a joking manner, as we were good friends, and it ended up getting back to Jane* as Stacey* had been spreading a rumor that Jane* apparently wanted my d-ck. Well, Jane wasn't happy, and went and told her manager, who told my manager, who told Stacey's* manager, and Stacey* ended up having to get moved to another department all together. I just got told to be careful what I say to people at work as I could have been in the **** for saying she "wanted my bits", even if we were good friends.

*Names have been changed.

Crisis63

Reaction score
Members Ride
Monaro CV8R, Landcruiser 100 Series 4.7L
The world, it seems, is full of people who are always looking for new and exciting ways of being offended.

SilverVH

Banned
Reaction score
I was at work one day (current workplace, few years ago) and Stacey* asked me if I was dating Jane*, a fellow employee. I said "Nah, she wants my bits!" in a joking manner, as we were good friends, and it ended up getting back to Jane* as Stacey* had been spreading a rumor that Jane* apparently wanted my d-ck. Well, Jane wasn't happy, and went and told her manager, who told my manager, who told Stacey's* manager, and Stacey* ended up having to get moved to another department all together. I just got told to be careful what I say to people at work as I could have been in the **** for saying she "wanted my bits", even if we were good friends.

*Names have been changed.

So at the end of it all, did Jane get your bits?

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
what did you say?

aZk.