Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sexy Neon Lights When Doors Open, VP

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
Hey, just me...

Is there anyway to tap into the system that controls the interior light(dome) in a VP (1992) so that when the doors are opened, my set of neons under the dash go on. Figured you could just steal the control wire but wanted to know if there was a "proper" way. I spose the Ignition light, the green one, could also be a sorce of power...i donno, wanna make it happen.

ViperVp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
i was going to do this but i was worried about them coming on if a copper pulled me over, and wants to have a look at my car.. opens up my door, and "blue defect" looking right at him..
I decided to go with a switch system.

How ever if i was still to do it i would just steal the power wire from that and then dub it to go the to +ive of the neon transformer.

8vl

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl executive
neon workin on negitive switch

okay ppl this is how u do it okay what u wanna do is running a wire to the positive okay but first what u wanna do is hook up the negitive wire to the switch that control's the light is a negitive switch on the door pillar u will see it. it works that way to so that way when the door opens it hit's a ground plate and then you neon's will work if u need more help don't be afraid to ask

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
little more please...

i sorta get what you were talking about, however, the work okay was used a little to much. Am i just running the neons of the ground control switch attached to the door? Wouldn't it be easier to just splice into the power from the loom (for the dome light)...? saves having to take the door off i guess...

if you could just clarify a little that would be awsome, cheers.

8vl

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl executive
? how many and where

you don't have to take the door's of where about's r u running the neon's ?
yeah the ground swtch all you need to door is take your kick panel of and splice in there so much easier then trying to do the dome light thing.........

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
under the dash...

the neons them selves are under the dash and passenger side dash, ie shine onto the feet of the driver and passenger. Should be able to splice into that ok, you didn't happen to know which wire the ground switch is?

8vl

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl executive
wire

ummmmmmmmmmmmm open your driver's door and unscrew the negitive switch and it should have the wire a the back of it !!

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
ViperVp said:
i was going to do this but i was worried about them coming on if a copper pulled me over, and wants to have a look at my car.. opens up my door, and "blue defect" looking right at him..
I decided to go with a switch system.

How ever if i was still to do it i would just steal the power wire from that and then dub it to go the to +ive of the neon transformer.

I did the exact same(used a switch)... now all l use my neons for is if l drop my remote or something like that in the dark :D.

ViperVp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
hehe, use them to see my gears cuz my gear shifter light is out
AHaha,
god im lazy