Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sharing is caring Heres some pictures of me car

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
ever heard of higher crime rate areas....

Ha ha, Yeah, im from the DS in Pukekohe... straight up once were worriers **** there boi....

I was more referring to the patches stuck ontop of each other.. but hey, if your happy with it, then that is all that matters I guess...

D

devilly

oh that's where it bubbled up and then split.next time will get better carbon fiber and not use a hair dryer,will go with heat gun :) and i don't really see it when driving

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
Hair dryer.. should have used your straightners on it ;)

D

devilly

all up took me over 24hours of work to do it properly will post some pic's when i get it in the car.

D

devilly

these pictures look like &^&^$( on the car it looks heaps better then pictures :) me soooo happy with it :)

Attachments

• Cup HOLD NEw 3.JPG
    Cup HOLD NEw 3.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 190
  • OLD CRAP cup holder 4.JPG
    OLD CRAP cup holder 4.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 196
D

devilly

here's some more :)

Attachments

• NEW CONSOLE area 9.JPG
    NEW CONSOLE area 9.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 207
  • NEW SPEEDO 10.JPG
    NEW SPEEDO 10.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 179
Last edited by a moderator:
D

devilly

this took me a while to do 3 days ,with all the hacksaw cutting,ripping out old console and replacing e.t.c but my problem is this.as soon as i left my car in sunshine the bubbles start happening and it un-sticks it self. yet i used a heat-gun and a special applicator.anyone know why it happens or how i can fix it ?

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
You need to buy the good 3m Di- Noc carbon fibre vinyl wrap not cheap knockoffs, 3m primer and some ear buds to apply it for extra stick, pure alcohol to first clean and a heat gun plus plastic squeegee thing.
Clean the area with alcohol and let dry, prime the area especially tight edges and let dry, cut the piece of wrap a fair bit larger than required cos the edges will wrinkle a lot from constant heating and stretching. Have enough excess to peel over and cut off after. Slowly apply heat and stretch each area and massage into tight areas with plastic squeegee. It's a very time consuming thing to do properly and important to prep the area and not leave any finger grease on the surface. You can re heat and re stretch this stuff quite a few times until you get it right.. Good luck..