Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Shift lag 1st to 2nd

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I would've sacked the dip stick remover with the cream roof lining bloke!
Now if Holden Technology could have provided us an ice cream hood lining … !

@henrytad, would appreciate if you could lettuce-snow what your mechanic diagnoses.

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
To easily check the trans fluid level requires a hoist and a diagnostic tool that can measure trans fluid temp. You run the car on the hoist until the fluid temp gets to 80C(?) and then remove the centre bolt (within the pan drain plug.) and if it’s at the correct level there should be a small stream of fluid coming out. If no fluid drains, it needs to be added until there is a small stream of fluid draining out…

The whole process is a PITA and these cars should have come with an engine bay fill tube and dip stick. Luckily there are two threads on these issues. One for changing trans fluid and filling correctly, another for installing a dip stick and filler tube to the trans, both in the VF forum section.
The correct temp is 30-50c for checking trans fluid.

pnlimo

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice L98
I recently had a similar problem with the 1-2 shift. Even though my vehicle is a WM it has the 6L80 transmission. Turned out one of the solenoids was failing. Unfortunately, the whole transmission control module had to be replaced as all the solenoids are attached to the module and can't be replaced individually. A real PITA.

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
What about the person who thought a single tone horn was a good idea?
Is that a thing. I thought the horn in my VE was sh1t and checked to see if both were working and it seems they are just poor. Anyone changed one of them for better sound?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Is that a thing. I thought the horn in my VE was sh1t and checked to see if both were working and it seems they are just poor. Anyone changed one of them for better sound?
They're much better than the last of the VF's.