Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Shift lag 1st to 2nd

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
Is that a thing. I thought the horn in my VE was sh1t and checked to see if both were working and it seems they are just poor. Anyone changed one of them for better sound?
ive read people using the nautilus compact as a replacement, but cant say ive actually heard it

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
The nautilus compact air horn @ $59 looks to be interesting (dual frequency 530hz & 680hz and it’s 115dbA @ 2m) though I’ve also not heard one in life :rolleyes:

If one is curious as to what it sounds like, the linked page above has a video where the horn is sounded… seems to sound like a small train :oops:

Whatever the case, it was still a cheap cnuts act for Holden to remove one of the horns from the VFII which made it sound worse than a Barina…

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Is that a thing. I thought the horn in my VE was sh1t and checked to see if both were working and it seems they are just poor. Anyone changed one of them for better sound?
Apparently so... Though personally, it never really bothered me...

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
What about the person who thought a single tone horn was a good idea?
He'd be on my chopping block along with 9" wide Redline rear wheel bloke. If they'd gone 10" wide on the Redline rear's, they could've used 285/35's that are the same diameter as the 245/40 front tyres. 275's are are a smaller diameter tyre than the front, what for, it makes no sense!

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
if the gear box has never had a fluid change from factory, then when you undo the bolt there should be roughly 1.8L of trans fluid that comes out, thats how much you need to put back in if you are not replacing the filter. If you do not have fluid coming out when you undo the drain plug then someone has not filled it correctly or you have a leak somewhere. When filling up you should put in enough so you can just feel it with the tip of your finger at the top of the filler tube.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
if the gear box has never had a fluid change from factory, then when you undo the bolt there should be roughly 1.8L of trans fluid that comes out, thats how much you need to put back in if you are not replacing the filter. If you do not have fluid coming out when you undo the drain plug then someone has not filled it correctly or you have a leak somewhere. When filling up you should put in enough so you can just feel it with the tip of your finger at the top of the filler tube.
Just be wary that in a automatic transmission as you may only get 2 litres from the pan, BUT, there is probably another 8 or so litres of old fluid in the converter, lines, and cooler

So changing the oil in the pan only, is only really changing 20% of the transmission fluid, which in my mind is pointless

Hence why a proper trans flush is always recommended, and best practice for any slush box

I do a full trans flush yearly on my 4l60e for piece of mind

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Just be wary that in a automatic transmission as you may only get 2 litres from the pan, BUT, there is probably another 8 or so litres of old fluid in the converter, lines, and cooler

So changing the oil in the pan only, is only really changing 20% of the transmission fluid, which in my mind is pointless

Hence why a proper trans flush is always recommended, and best practice for any slush box

I do a full trans flush yearly on my 4l60e for piece of mind
i have done both my manual and auto's but never done the filter yet on the autos as all my cars have low km. was surprised to see the trans fluid looking abit dark red/brown on one of my vehicles that has only done 30,000km

when you did your change on the auto (as man is easy as no filter in it) were you able to get all the fluid in or did you have to start the car for it to be sucked up in the converter etc?

I'll do my filter and proper change when i get to 50,000km

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Our MY14 has is nearly 9 years of old now (~40k kms) and I was thinking of asking for a trans fluid flush & filter change as part of the yearly qualified-mechanic-service and rego-check ... from what I read around here it's a good idea, even with relatively low kms ... ?

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
i have done both my manual and auto's but never done the filter yet on the autos as all my cars have low km. was surprised to see the trans fluid looking abit dark red/brown on one of my vehicles that has only done 30,000km

when you did your change on the auto (as man is easy as no filter in it) were you able to get all the fluid in or did you have to start the car for it to be sucked up in the converter etc?

I'll do my filter and proper change when i get to 50,000km
I drop my car at Craig's Automatics and they hook up some thingie to do it to suck out the old and refill with new

Craig's built my 4l60e and it has been loving life with around 500hp atw (600hp ish is at the engine)

In saying this I have a trans cooler which keeps the trans fluid temps in check, I recommend a trans cooler on all slush box transmission

https://www.craigsautos.com.au/