Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Shooters, Archers and Bladesmen Unite!

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Farm time this weekend and I'm packing a heap of rounds. My brother in law is keen as mustard too because he finally gets to try out his new shooter. He bought a Mosin-Nagant in 7.62x54 just for gun fun times.

Last edited:

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
In the same weight gun shooting 180 grainers a RUM has around an extra 25% felt recoil.
That sounds like fun..... lol
He bought a Mosin-Nagant in 7.62x54 just for gun fun times.

My brother has one of those, fun gun to shoot but he never sighted it in properly so he has yet to hit anything

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Found this, had a laugh, thought it most appropriate in here :)

h85E7EC49

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
My brother has one of those, fun gun to shoot but he never sighted it in properly so he has yet to hit anything

Man, the steel butt plate sucks balls, my shoulder is a little tender now lol.

No foxes for the weekend. We only saw 3 and they were too far away to think about. Not to worry, the less we see the better.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
I learnt a lesson yesterday, no matter who it is, don't let anyone fk with your scope settings. Over Easter weekend I let my missus brother take my .223 to the farm cos none of his guns are any good for spotlighting (Marlin lever action in .45LC and a .22LR lever both with open sights). My missus old man had a few shots and decided that the scope needed adjusting up so he did "only 2 clicks" which would equate to 1/4 an inch at 100 yards. I set up some targets yesterday and couldn't hit them for **** even though I was about 70 meters out and shooting dead center every time. I wound it back down 16 clicks (2 inches at 100 yards) and the thing was still a good 2 inches high. Now a trip to the range is in order to get it back to how I want it. Fking annoying as **** because the thing was set up so good FOR ME.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
WOAH!
Rule number one: a rifle is zeroed for you and you alone. :D
Rule number two: never let someone adjust your zeroed rifle. :D

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Yeah anyone who has shot with mine knows not to touch them. I have my .243 set to hit 1.5" high @ 100 yards, then I know from muzzle to 250 yards I basically don't worry about holdover.