Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Should I buy one ?

Fzs1000n

Reaction score
Members Ride
VW Bora 4motion 2.8 VR6 24V
Are you a Holden Angel?
That's gotta be bait. All fun mate.

i like a car for what it s and am not loyal to a brand even if they produce dinosaurs

Fzs1000n

Reaction score
Members Ride
A 3.6 atmo = Dinosaur

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
A 3.6 atmo = Dinosaur

Please, please explain how not bolting a spinning turbine in the exhaust stream of a small engine for it to make good hp makes it a 'dinosaur'. Different strokes for different folks but your way of thinking is just cock-eyed.

Fzs1000n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Please, please explain how not bolting a spinning turbine in the exhaust stream of a small engine for it to make good hp makes it a 'dinosaur'. Different strokes for different folks but your way of thinking is just cock-eyed.

Oh the 4cyl ZB I like it. 3.6atmo will probably last much much longer. Yes, my think can be cock eyed

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Here we go again......

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Remember rule one of the ZB forum, "You must be able to slap roof of ZB sub-forum and say, "You can fit so many salesman in here"

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
Oh the 4cyl ZB I like it. 3.6atmo will probably last much much longer. Yes, my think can be cock eyed

I'm still very curious why atmo engines are considered dinosaurs, old tech, not fun etc. and especially why a singe cam atmo engine is considered borderline redundant. I'm not directing this at you per se, I've got mates at work that wouldn't even consider anything without a turbo or over 2.5 litres in capacity... and when you mention attributes of other engines they fall back on the whole 10/10s handling ability like it's thing in real world lol.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I'm still very curious why atmo engines are considered dinosaurs, old tech, not fun etc. and especially why a singe cam atmo engine is considered borderline redundant. I'm not directing this at you per se, I've got mates at work that wouldn't even consider anything without a turbo or over 2.5 litres in capacity... and when you mention attributes of other engines they fall back on the whole 10/10s handling ability like it's thing in real world lol.

I think it's because they don't teach history very well anymore. It's all 'dinosaur' tech. I guess it's also because only recently did FI become a standard to continue the power improvements in otherwise lifeless 4 bangers. I also find it funny when folk think fuel injection is something relatively modern....

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual

Price for performance wise, small forced induction are pretty good. Drive for lower (tested...) emissions have driven engine sizes down so if a new driver wants a vaguely new car, it will likely be turbo'd.

Plus a lot of people like the increased torque of a FI engine, arguably gives a bigger seat of your pants feeling over NA.

Not me though, mainly as they sound terrible (farty exhausts plus vacuum cleaner) and can't rev. Give me a good NA engine any day of the week.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You can do better than that.

What's with the ZB hating. They check out as a very decent sedan. Not a new model so some of the bugs have probably been sorted out. It's common sense from a large Auto maker.

The times are a moven on sunshine
I read that in a World War 2 News reel voice.

eg.