Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Should I sell or hold??

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
A low k ss might be worth something in a few years (note the might) but a v6 perhaps not.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Hi, need some advice.. Just wondering if I should sell or keep.. I own a 2010 VE Sv6, I know nothing about cars but I've had a few people tell me I should hold onto it because It will be worth more later on due to them not being made anymore.... I doubt this is the case.

Any insight or thoughts greatly appreciated, cheers.
Forget what everyone else thinks and forget about sale prices. What condition your SV6 is in, and how much you like driving it are the only things to consider.
You won't find another new car as good as a VE in many aspects, certainly not without putting heaps more cash into the deal, and most definitely not made in Australia. So I plan to keep mine for a while yet. Just keep on changing your oil with the good stuff mate, because SV6's don't like to be under serviced!

Chris Cox

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE sv6 Ute
Why are you thinking of selling it, and what are you going to replace it with, and how much extra are you going to shell out for a new toy.
Is it in good condition, or a crap box, are you bored with it, does it have looming mechanical disasters.
Too many variables to just say, ‘yeah, sell it’ or ‘yeah, keep it’.

I am looking to sell as I have no need for it, I have a company car that I use 100% of the time... obviously if I quit my job or get the sack I'd need to look at buying a new car, however that doesn't look like happening anytime soon and my VE has been sitting there for over a year now... so I think I'll be selling it haha...

Cheers everyone else for the insight too, I'll probably be looking to sell it.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
The ve is still a very good car, whether it will become a classic is another story. Paying rego on a car you don't use is a bit pointless so
selling is possibly your best option.