Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Should this be pluggged in

05 vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz commodore
I get check powertrain randomly it stopped for awhile but has now started again I’ve checked all wiring that I could and all is tight but inder the dash I found a plug should it be plugged into anything ?

Attachments

• A87E56AC-EFB4-4A11-BD08-0413B6EC9043.jpeg
    A87E56AC-EFB4-4A11-BD08-0413B6EC9043.jpeg
    276.7 KB · Views: 280

Mattde

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1
Do you have steering wheel controls? I have a feeling thats the harness for them.
If you don't have them it's possible that the loom is there regardless as a factory default for when the controls are fitted as an upper-model option.
I could be totally wrong though...

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Is it an ex-Services car e.g. CFA, MFB, Police?
If so, it could be an additional line connection for peripheral equipment that is installed in Services cars.
My VZ Commodore as 4 such connections, plus a mysterious under-centre console push-button switch — all related to the optioned equipment installed in a vehicle used by the Services (e.g CFA).

Check Powertrain can also involve the O2 sensor.

05 vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz commodore
Yeh it has steering wheel controls they don’t work but has a non standard stereo so mattde you’d probly be right probly the connection for the standard stereo wheel control

And little red is ther a easy way to check o2 sensors or should I leave that for the shop to do as when the powertrain comes on the dash and complete power turns off and all warning lights come on then I tap the accelerator and it all comes back to life

H

harrop.senator

Get it scanned something like 30 faults come under check power train don't throw money away guessing.