Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Shuddering after new mounts

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
More Blah Blah Blah ! from the googling expert that's never worked on a car as he can't lug himself out of his chair away from his warrior keyboard.

Don't seem to see any likes in you post directly above this one. Must mean no one agrees with you at all, as usual.

Last edited:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
21696a3b6bdabace786c0347ba6c0a40--miserable-people-ignorant-people.jpg

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
images (4).jpeg

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Lol, discredit get over yourself, chasing tales says the person who thinks a leak in the intake manifold would make a car shudder when there no mentioned of a coolant leak, nice try, if you want to throw around bs then don't accuse others.
As The OP said he just brought the car so how long was it sitting for? How old is the fuel? How is the motor running? How's the transmission?
Is the engine revving up in park without hesitation, any shaking if no then I be looking at transmission or tail shaft.
You also haven't replaced plug leads or no mention of it.

Quote after suggestion made "Thanks for the reply man, I put new spark plugs and coil pack on today hasn't changed anytjing. I'm begining to believe it's either poor quality mounts or intake manifold gasket. Only thing is I'm not getting any overheating or coolant leaks.
I've spent so much already and I'm pretty lost at the moment. Can't put my finger on it"

Bit of quote to reply to the last part of your statement", I put new spark plugs and coil pack on today hasn't changed anytjing."

Unfortunatley I won't comment on what I may think the cause maybe, because there are people on here that say I have no idea on what I'm talking about

Thomas Poly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodore
Don't think the intake manifold be a issue, I be getting you cylinders tested, could be a stuck exhaust valve, possibly a bad DFI, Fuel pressure. Vibrating or running rough?
Hey mate slight vibration at idle and take off but engine has heaps of power, no performance issues. It all started after I put rubber mounts on instead of original hydraulic mounts

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
It all started after I put rubber mounts on instead of original hydraulic mounts

Hydraulic Mounts ??????????????????? really ????? as far as I'm aware all engine and gearbox mounts were made of vulcanised rubber and steel construction by Mackay Automotive.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I don't know I'd call the hydraulic but they are oil fill as are some of the aftermarket options. Generally they a called typle filled, pardon the spelling.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
Then I should have one of those old Morris 1100 rear window stickers on all my VS's

"It floats on Fluid !"

Honestly never seen any fluid in any of my original Engine mounts on any of our 4 VS's and I've had a few of them out and re-installed them over the years as nothing was wrong with any of them. They're all Good !