Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Shuddering after new mounts

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Hydraulic Mounts ??????????????????? really ????? as far as I'm aware all engine and gearbox mounts were made of vulcanised rubber and steel construction by Mackay Automotive.

Mackay Rubber have 2 options for replacement engine mounts, solid rubber and the oil filled (hydraulic) versions for the VS - VY ecotec powered commodores
Part Numbers are:
A2546...……...Solid rubber engine mount
A2546h...…….Oil filled engine mount.....Or hydraulic as they are referred to in the trade
Other mechanics that I've spoken to over the years about this have all mentioned that the solid rubber mounts will introduce some noise and vibrations where as the oil filled type don't tend to do it
Me personally, I've only ever fitted the oil filled type as replacements to customers cars and I've never had any complaints

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
I don't know I'd call the hydraulic but they are oil fill as are some of the aftermarket options.

You are correct, they are oil filled
In the trade we refer to them as hydraulic mounts
Even Mackay Rubber call their oil filled mounts Hydraulic

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I had mine replaced with oil filled as the originals had sagged and leaked out. Three years on and no issues.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Well you learn something new everyday..............

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Hey mate slight vibration at idle and take off but engine has heaps of power, no performance issues. It all started after I put rubber mounts on instead of original hydraulic mounts
Screenshot (39).png