Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Shuddering/vibrations from driveline

vldriver

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais 6.0ltr
Hi everyone. Needing some help or info.

I recently picked up a VE calais 6ltr and spending some money on fixing it. So I took to the mechanic and had them change out the diff to a 3.27 lsd (was checked over and all good and new diff oil) from a open 3.7 diff (how I bought the car) and while that was out I had the trans serviced. So once all done I drove home and was all good. Packed the car up and sat for 2 weeks and then today I went to drive it and not even 500 metres I'm getting really bad shuddering from the rear left/middle of the car.

Could it be tailshaft centre bearing or couplings or tailshaft not bolted up right?

Any help would be great.

Need to get it fixed asap.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I would take it back to the people that fitted it.

vldriver

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais 6.0ltr
I would take it back to the people that fitted it.
Yeah I will be. Called them up and told them and they said that it's strange that it happened. So they said bring it and redo it

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
After sitting for 2 weeks, I'd be looking at plugs and leads. Sounds like it has a miss.

vldriver

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais 6.0ltr
After sitting for 2 weeks, I'd be looking at plugs and leads. Sounds like it has a miss.
Nah it's no that. Car runs fine and had a serviced 2 weeks ago. All new oils and filters and plugs. Its on happens when you start to drive.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Nah it's no that. Car runs fine and had a serviced 2 weeks ago. All new oils and filters and plugs. Its on happens when you start to drive.

It's probably a trans issue with fluid. It might be under filled and the pump is airating the fluid.

vldriver

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais 6.0ltr
It's probably a trans issue with fluid. It might be under filled and the pump is airating the fluid.
Had the trans serviced when diff was swapped, new oil and filter and O ring and new pan.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Had the trans serviced when diff was swapped, new oil and filter and O ring and new pan.

Exactly and this issue has started since then.

timd29

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V S1 International 6.0
Check the fluid levels then you know. Don't always trust the young fella tasked with filling it up