Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sick of Holden vs Ford?

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
heeno said:
lol im the same with bikes Honda's are best :thumbsup:

By a mile.

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
its funny! but it is kinda lame yes, but somehow i cant help but attract attention from fordies in my commo

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
ford/holden i stopped liking the ford when the EA came out
but thay tend to grow on you exept that but ugly AU
i like the shape of the EL fairmont the BA/BF does nothing for me
execpt if it has a rear spoiler and that muscular bonnet boulge
when i see a VT/VX i think the boot is to rounded unless it has a spoiler to offset it

T

Till_Lind

I really don't like Holden bogans and I really don't like Ford bogans either. I'm talking people that will judge a car, purely on the badge they wear.

I don't mind people bagging cars for where they are made (eg. South Korea, China (some VWs now), etc.) or if they are plain ugly.

Naturally has Holden has more followers, there are manyyyy more young, stupid people, who hate my car, JUST because it has a Ford badge, lol. It's really pathetic stuff.

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
at first i was mindlesly all holden but nowaday's ive wised up and fords have quite a few things going for them

i respect fords as a car, but i prefer to side with the holden camp, personally i think the battles should be mock ones, but a lot of the time i see them go one sided.

personally im not big on VT's and i do despise AU's i've driven one and its not bad but the exterior design and the bloody "blind you on low beam" lights are an annoyance.

at the end of day i cant really argue as all i can show for it is a plain vs, i love my car which is what counts but ultimately it had no street cred, no decent sound system plenty of "granny mods" but a bit like people who dump kit and rim their falcons, they just enjoy the car itself. so my car sucks when accelerating, braking or turning but i dont normally drive hard enough to warrant extra peformance parts. so at the end of the day i enjoy my slow car, it can cruise effortlessly and i like that.

HVXII

AWI11
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VXII Acclaim storm grey
yeah i find its vey childish i mean ill have a crack now & then but all cars a remarkable machiens exept for hyundais i dislike them but yeah for baging them cause there wear a certain badge childish

T

Till_Lind

Us Ford folk don't generally like the AU anyway too, lol. Though I don't mind the Fairlane/LTD.

sax

Reaction score
Ford v Holden is old news.
The Chrysler 300C is here and it's selling like hotcakes.

About time we had a new Valiant.
Looks unique as well. For too long foulcans and commys have looked identical.

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
it all seems like a small fish sort of argument to begin with really. I own a commodore and i'm not putting it down, but at the end of the day come on, it's a holden. and at the end of the day a ford is just a ford. Neither of them compare to a Ferrari or a Lamborgini and the likes. I sometimes wonder whether the people lucky enough to own such vehicles look on the holden vs. ford style arguments in third person and laugh at the silly rivalry between two mainstream, family sized vehicles.

I also have a good laugh when i see a fully sick ricer that sounds like a mosquito with more decals visible than paint, but at the same token, holden commodores aren't exactly performance engineered machines. People start to get all caught up in the "muscle" of their vehicle when on the flipside you could look at it as needing "all that power" for carting yourself, the wife and three kids in the back of the 5 seater family sedan your driving, with enough boot room for those christmas holidays.

That and i see the term "ricer" used out of context alot. i thought it was supposed to be Racing Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements, and yet those that have performance, not aesthetics mods still get labelled as ricers. Bagging out engine size seems stupid to me if someone running something with 2 litres beats someone running something with 4 litres. All that says to me is that the 2 litre engine and vehicle is better engineered, why would you bag someone out for something that operates more efficiently?

I see jap vehicle that performs well with small engine like bruce lee and american/australian vehicle that doesn't perform well even with a bigger engine like a big wrestler. Size and muscle won't save you from lightening fast reflexes and better techniques.

GLD-086

Reaction score
Brycestro said:
it all seems like a small fish sort of argument to begin with really. I own a commodore and i'm not putting it down, but at the end of the day come on, it's a holden. and at the end of the day a ford is just a ford. Neither of them compare to a Ferrari or a Lamborgini and the likes. I sometimes wonder whether the people lucky enough to own such vehicles look on the holden vs. ford style arguments in third person and laugh at the silly rivalry between two mainstream, family sized vehicles.

Hit the nail, right on the head mate.

Holdens and Fords are great for Aussie conditions, but they seem bland, compared to other famous companys.

I like them, because they''re cheap, reliable and have resonable power.