Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Side body damage-V6 Holden Commodore Wagon 2010 (appreciate for any solution/help/quote)

cahpinter

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Wagon 2010 V6
Hi everyone,

I just back from overseas. I parked my car on the side road in front of my accommodation and I found my car was hit by an a$$hole who didn't give their detail/note. :( I have NRM* car insurance but third-party. so they can't cover it.
Please kindly see the damage on the picture below.
I was wondering what is the solution of this and how much it cost usually for repair?
As I am a student at Uni, I don't have much money to fix it. Could you please share your thought?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Cah

damage.jpg

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Hi Cah, could we see some more pictures of the damage from different angles?

Has the steering been affected since this accident? Or is the drivers side door and bonnet difficult to open?

I'm no panel expert but judging from this photo, it will definitely need a new fender, some paint work on the door and front bumper, as well as the front bumper which needs to be reclipped (or maybe even a new clip)... But as I said earlier, you need more photos..

Cheers

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon
This happened to me a couple of times. Where I park there is a primary school and a lot of mum drivers in big 4WD's. I've had a tow bar in the front bumper and a side swipe where the fuel cap is. It's a **** thing to happen

mtd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1 Calais V V8
Yes, bugger... some different angled pics (and a pick straight on LHS) would be nice to see the true extent of damage but from the look of it - it could be worse (well of course it could!). See Commo64's comments as first port of call. I can't see any gouges/scratches on the wheel so assuming the wheel was not actually whacked; and understanding that you don't have the money to do a full repair job you could take much of the culprits paint off with some cutting cream or specialty restorer. This obviously won't fix the dents, but it will make it look a bit better. Have a good look at the bumper as it looks like it has moved (as Commo said, broken/bent clips) - just ensure it's going to stay on.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Hi everyone,

I just back from overseas. I parked my car on the side road in front of my accommodation and I found my car was hit by an a$$hole who didn't give their detail/note. :( I have NRM* car insurance but third-party. so they can't cover it.
Please kindly see the damage on the picture below.
I was wondering what is the solution of this and how much it cost usually for repair?
As I am a student at Uni, I don't have much money to fix it. Could you please share your thought?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Cah

View attachment 255814
Had a similar thing happen to me many years ago, f@#ked door and guard. Managed to buy a new guard, and got a second hand door from the wreckers, same colour. Painted the guard with a rattle can.
A bit of work but doable if your a bit handy, and providing there is no damage to other panels.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Silver guards are fairly common and sell fairly cheap around $100. The bumper will be about $400 to repair looking at it which appears to just be a scrape. Doors are around $150 on Marketplace. If your'e able swap over the door and guard yourself with some help you'll save some coin. The bumper cover will need a paint and blend. Touchup Guys can easily quote on the bumper. You could try to find a bumper cover in silver but most are cracked or beyond repair. The bumper is sagging a bit but I'd say it was like that before the accident as it's a common issue. Half a pool noodle normally fixes that.

cahpinter

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Wagon 2010 V6
[deleted]

Last edited:

cahpinter

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Wagon 2010 V6
Hi Cah, could we see some more pictures of the damage from different angles?

Has the steering been affected since this accident? Or is the drivers side door and bonnet difficult to open?

I'm no panel expert but judging from this photo, it will definitely need a new fender, some paint work on the door and front bumper, as well as the front bumper which needs to be reclipped (or maybe even a new clip)... But as I said earlier, you need more photos..

Cheers
Hi Commo64, I've attached some images in the previous post. The steering is not affected, I drive for more than 40km and still smooth. The driver's side door and bonnet still easy to open.

Thank you for your response.

cahpinter

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Wagon 2010 V6
Silver guards are fairly common and sell fairly cheap around $100. The bumper will be about $400 to repair looking at it which appears to just be a scrape. Doors are around $150 on Marketplace. If your'e able swap over the door and guard yourself with some help you'll save some coin. The bumper cover will need a paint and blend. Touchup Guys can easily quote on the bumper. You could try to find a bumper cover in silver but most are cracked or beyond repair. The bumper is sagging a bit but I'd say it was like that before the accident as it's a common issue. Half a pool noodle normally fixes that.
Hi losh1971,
Thank you for that estimation. The bumper is still OK. I've attached some images in my previous comment. Hope you could see and might you have another thought.
Thanks.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Hi Commo64, I've attached some images in the previous post. The steering is not affected, I drive for more than 40km and still smooth. The driver's side door and bonnet still easy to open.

Thank you for your response.
Thanks for the pictures... The fender (and indicator) definitely needs replacing but the door and bumper looks like it only needs paint... Another thing to note is that your panel gaps between the bumper and fender on both sides seems very large, which could be due to the bumper sagging (common VE problem)... Also, your car could do with a bit of a polish+ headlight restoration as it will make the car look a lot nicer...