Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Side body damage-V6 Holden Commodore Wagon 2010 (appreciate for any solution/help/quote)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Hi losh1971,
Thank you for that estimation. The bumper is still OK. I've attached some images in my previous comment. Hope you could see and might you have another thought.
Thanks.
Not sure what you want? Nothing has changed price wise from looking at the extra photos. If you can't buy panels and do a swap then best see a panel shop, but expect the quote to be around $3k maybe more..

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Not sure what you want? Nothing has changed price wise from looking at the extra photos. If you can't buy panels and do a swap then best see a panel shop, but expect the quote to be around $3k maybe more..
It only needs a new fender and some paint... But if O.P lacks experience and doesn't have money for the panel shop, they can just keep driving the car as it is, even if it doesn't look very good...

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I get the impression the OP wants to have the damage fixed. Me I'd replace the door and guard with another silver one as that's the cheapest way out. Bumper cover probably touch it up with a pressure can if not too fussy.

cahpinter

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Wagon 2010 V6
Thank you all for the response and useful advice.
I was wondering If you guys know any panel shop close to Campbelltown or Sydney area. Please let me know.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
I get the impression the OP wants to have the damage fixed. Me I'd replace the door and guard with another silver one as that's the cheapest way out. Bumper cover probably touch it up with a pressure can if not too fussy.
I thought painting that section of the door was cheaper than replacing the entire door and you'll also won't have to worry about lining the door up properly with the rest of the body... But I guess it's a case of what ever is cheaper for the O.P, and if the door works out cheaper and easier, than might as well buy a new door as you said...

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I thought painting that section of the door was cheaper than replacing the entire door and you'll also won't have to worry about lining the door up properly with the rest of the body... But I guess it's a case of what ever is cheaper for the O.P, and if the door works out cheaper and easier, than might as well buy a new door as you said...

Painting a door means overlapping the guard and the other door....Possibly even the roof, but don't quote on that.....

So it does start to get a little pricey doing that.

Would actually like to know if the door is dinted.....Might get away with buffing out the black and possibly a paintless dent repair if it has a slight dent....That might work out cheaper again.

So another thing for the OP to check into cost wise... :)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I only say find a door for $100-$150 in silver because if a panel shop paints it, the door painting will be close to $400 alone. Funny thing is I have a silver door in my shed. I paid I think $100 or $150 can't remember exact figure. I'd swap it for black one, hahaha.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Would actually like to know if the door is dinted.....Might get away with buffing out the black and possibly a paintless dent repair if it has a slight dent....That might work out cheaper again.
Yep, it doesn't appear to have been stripped to bare metal, but O.P will have to talk to his panel beater...

Anthony .

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR V6 Executive
I agree with what others have said. Try to find used silver panels (shouldn’t be too hard as there are a lot of silver sv6 like your’s kicking about).
For the bumper, try find a used one if need/ want to replace it. That way, you won’t have to get the silver paint matched (when the painter mixes a blend of same colour that takes into account the condition of the existing panels). If you paint if yourself with the same code paint, it will likely stand out