Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Side Door Protection

gargougaflex

My other car isnt hybrid
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SSV Redline Sportwagon + VZ Monaro CV8 M6
Originally Posted by naf33n
those stripes only work on on rare occasions. for example it sperfect if your up against another commodore. but other cars often have different shaped doors therefore there furtherest part out has a chance of been in a different spot(higher or lower). ie 4wd's and the little kids that just swing the doors open. rarely those stripes help

I agree. i dont think they work all that well anymore, the VZs got dents all over it from doors and trolleys, if it had the stripes i doubt they'd have done anything different.

people are just so rude sometimes.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
DeanoHSV said:
:rofl: yeah the GF just sits and shakes her head :rofl:

HA! Sorry if this is a little off topic, but check out this funny vid. This is EXACTLY what I do when looking for a parking spot. No wonder the GF gets the shits:

http://www.carcrazycentral.com/cc_humor_video.aspx?contentid=883

"For many 'car guys' a parking spot's gotta feel just right. This funny trip to the mall will remind you of some of your experiences"

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
davey g-force said:
HA! Sorry if this is a little off topic, but check out this funny vid. This is EXACTLY what I do when looking for a parking spot. No wonder the GF gets the shits:

http://www.carcrazycentral.com/cc_humor_video.aspx?contentid=883

"For many 'car guys' a parking spot's gotta feel just right. This funny trip to the mall will remind you of some of your experiences"
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
yeah well i always do that and the time i didnt move it after someone dodgy parked next to me i came back to see they had thrown there door into my driver door and left a nice 1.5" long and 4mm wide bit of there paint which no polish or panel beater can get off :bang:

serves me right for listening to the GF :ranting:

Ronaldw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS DEC 2007
I agree with just about all the comments, they look better without strips and with strips they don't always fit every car but I would say for instance with 1 dint I have probably saved 6.
From now on I will have to park a couple of miles away and make a day of it walking to the supermarket.

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
hahai always park against a wall, new car, clean luxury car (not dirty 'my husband bought me a mercedes' luxury car) another commodore that looks looked after or...a ricer...those rice car drivers are usally heaps meticulous and wont open a door on you...you just gotta pick them.

then again the other day an old guy pushed his trolley into the front of my car, while me and a mate were sitting in it...lucky it was soft...

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
big_stretch said:
hahai always park against a wall, new car, clean luxury car (not dirty 'my husband bought me a mercedes' luxury car) another commodore that looks looked after or...a ricer...those rice car drivers are usally heaps meticulous and wont open a door on you...you just gotta pick them.

I like the way you're thinkin'...

I've got all the good spots sussed at my regular shopping centres. They all involve walking for a few minutes, but all have a wall/column on BOTH sides of the car.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Get a smaller car ;)

Ronaldw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS DEC 2007
davey g_force why don't you put a bonnet protector on cause I think it breaks the front up a little and use the rubber grommets on the sides to adjust the height of your bonnet so there is not a lot of pressure on the grille, it makes closing easier.

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Colour coded strips dont look too bad.

gargougaflex

My other car isnt hybrid
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SSV Redline Sportwagon + VZ Monaro CV8 M6
big_stretch said:

yeah i thought the same thing, i was safe parking next to a Boxster.
then i came back to find dent in quarter panel which wasnt there when i left...:bang:

suppose if u can afford a porsche u can utilise an australian-made door rest :ranting: