Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sidi OTRCAI

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
I'd more be inclined to get the tune/OTR package from mace engineering (forum sponsor), will be better bang for buck, and steve's customer service is second to none.

I'd second that, OK I know mine's an 8 but customer service and bang for buck is simply exceptional which is something you simply don't see these days.

I went through a disaster tuning effort after the cam install, Steve was able to sort me out without really knowing about cam specs, he revised the tune a number of times and got it bang on the money.

I really couldn't have been any happier with the end result.

wildfireSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden MY10 SiDi Sv6 Ute
i third that! haha thumbs up to steve and the guys at MACE Engineering. great work and exceptional support knowledge and development for these engines.

looking forward to do some dyno testing with the vcm otr.
its been on the car for couple months now and seems to be awesome! havent seen any error codes.

ASAUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SS UTe Cammed
What other mods did the car have on it to get an extra 15 kw

it had full exhaust etc, the car was previously tuned and was retuned after the intake was fitted, it didnt make as much power on my dyno as it did on the testing dyno but was still a very worth while improvment

Do you mean it probably made the same power but just read lower on your dyno? or that after any adjustments since the last dyno it actually made it less power?

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
i third that! haha thumbs up to steve and the guys at MACE Engineering. great work and exceptional support knowledge and development for these engines.

looking forward to do some dyno testing with the vcm otr.
its been on the car for couple months now and seems to be awesome! havent seen any error codes.

Yeah the OTR (be it ORSSOM or VCM) seems to make a fair difference hey?! I'm going to get those spacers done over xmas break now...get one gain but now want more, is always the way :)

10sec_rx7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
Do you mean it probably made the same power but just read lower on your dyno? or that after any adjustments since the last dyno it actually made it less power?

what im saying is it made over 10rwkw gain after tuning over the previous CAI..

wildfireSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden MY10 SiDi Sv6 Ute
@jarp
Yea def worth it. If u get stuck doing the insulators just let me know I've helped bigjim out when he done his.

Not to bad once u get the trimming off.
Are you going to do cams next year?

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Much appreciated your help bud! I should have taken a few more pics though as I would have then been able to write up a good "install guide" for Steve.

The hardest part is the Trim :S
Leave yourself at least 1.5hours to do it all, as some parts can be a little tricky!

@jarp
Yea def worth it. If u get stuck doing the insulators just let me know I've helped bigjim out when he done his.

Not to bad once u get the trimming off.
Are you going to do cams next year?

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
hardest part and pulling the trim off without braking anything or smashing your fingers eyyy Jim!!! :p hahaha

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Yeah there were a few painful moments ey Kuz' hahaha

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
LOL...thanks for the offers gents. I look forward to the knuckle debarking then :)