Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sidi v6 supercharged?

YATSIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EQUIP
Yea allot of good points there, shame really i would just like to see there be an option to go up against the XR6 Turbo if they could increase the output of the 6ltr on the SS there could be room to move with the V6 SIDI.
I suppose Holdens Categories are and will remain at
3.0 V6 SIDI
3.6 V6 SIDI
6.0 V8
... Just seems like the SIDI has so much more potential, but yea Ford have killed there V8 sales... and created a turbo monster in the process.. they might loose some fans when they stop Turbo production
SIDI has so much more potential, but yea Ford have killed there V8 sales... and created a turbo monster in the process.. they might loose some fans when they stop Turbo production

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
lol... yeah its THAT easy man.

If it was i'd be saving up for it now.

Regardless, if they do a charged version of the sv6 (apparently twin turbo may be on the menu, as I've heard from somewhere) I would be considering an upgrade down the track.... It won't happen for a while, but it's the next logical step.

B-roca

I’m an F-18, bro
Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Yea i heard in the autocar magizine they are developing a twin turbo sv6 but meh the only reason why they will do it is if they can no longer sell their v8's so for now the only way your going to get a blown v6 is if you do it yourself its the sad truth

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
Yea allot of good points there, shame really i would just like to see there be an option to go up against the XR6 Turbo if they could increase the output of the 6ltr on the SS there could be room to move with the V6 SIDI.
I suppose Holdens Categories are and will remain at
3.0 V6 SIDI
3.6 V6 SIDI
6.0 V8
... Just seems like the SIDI has so much more potential, but yea Ford have killed there V8 sales... and created a turbo monster in the process.. they might loose some fans when they stop Turbo production
SIDI has so much more potential, but yea Ford have killed there V8 sales... and created a turbo monster in the process.. they might loose some fans when they stop Turbo production

I agree, i wish when I bought my sportwagon I had the option to buy a supercharged six. I think holden and HSV really need to step up and offer a vehicle that can compete with the ford 6.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
I'm gonna keep my on the septics Camaro forums for this one as I reckon they'll get it done first...aftermarket I mean.

Last edited:

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Did a bit of looking around today and it seems that this company IPF Supercharger - Camaro V6 *DEPOSIT* in the US have put together a S/C Kit for the LLT Camaro in the last two months. Here are a couple of forum references discussing: NEW! Camaro V6 Supercharger from IPF Tuning - Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com and *****IPF Superchargers for V6 Camaros***** - Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com. 400+HP at the wheels...can it be true? Please someone do this in Oz so we can spend our money here.

itsArthurKomar

sexy beast
Reaction score
Members Ride
super awesome time machine
eazy for force injection, get 5 or 10 scuba tanks fill it with air and thread a line to the intake.. open bottles, and floor it there goes like a bajilion PSI