Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Slightly deformed upper coolant hose, dodgy GM/Holden part?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
It used to be police wouldn’t fine you for speeding on a long downhill run. Sadly many jurisdictions have become addicted to the revenue stream and changed their interpretation of the law so its all fair game these days :oops:

Hope Murphy pulls his head in and leaves you alone from now on :cool:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
It used to be police wouldn’t fine you for speeding on a long downhill run.

That must have been a long time ago.

In my yoof, the police used to set up their black strips speed device at the bottom of a very steep hill in suburban Melbourne and park their candy VK in the driveway of a house obscured by a fence.

Ping, ping, ping.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Hopefully you have your problem fixed.

In my yoof, the police used to set up their black strips speed device at the bottom of a very steep hill in suburban Melbourne and park their candy VK in the driveway of a house obscured by a fence.

Ping, ping, ping.

Yup, I see this regularly and it's not uncommon to see fixed speed camera sites along hilly sections of road.

A real nice one was a mobile unit about 300 meters further along the road from a fixed speed camera!

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
A real nice one was a mobile unit about 300 meters further along the road from a fixed speed camera!

:mad:

I'm sure there is/was a law in WA that required a minimum distance (numbered in kms) between speed enforcement devices.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes it was a long time ago...

I’m almost old enough to have seen ammonites lay down in sediment leaving their fossilised remains for modern stone masons to admire :p

We also had cops issue tickets they weren’t supposed to issue. In such cases, if one appealed such a ticket with appropriate arguments, they usually got off.... usually... so much so tha the cops reassessed their policies and stopped being such arses... for a while...

Then some years later the government pushed a different philosophy... more of a fiscal balancing act at yen expense of otherwise honest road users; cha-ching cha-ching cha-ching :rolleyes:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Worst rule infraction (=corruption) I’ve seen was in a new suburb being built in Perth 1/2 a lifetime ago. Just over a small crest there was a side road that only went into the scrub about 25m on either side of what was the main road we were on. It seems the cops turned the stop signs 90 degrees and claimed my dad didn’t stop... He suggested to the police that they may be mistaken and the road layout didn’t make sense. Unsurprisingly the cops insisted he must follow road signs and issued a ticket. What a way to impress a whole family from out of state :mad: As we were leaving in a couple of weeks after the ticket was issued , my dad didn’t bother to fight it. Such is life....

I wonder how many people were booked at that intersection...

Why is it that such arsehats of cops never have a heater hose blow up near them when they inspect someone’s car for faults... that would be karma at play :rolleyes:

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
Will do, Murphy's law strikes again now my other low beam blew out in the rural region & i have no tools on me to change the dam thing & just got a speeding fine from some country HWP in a downhill section of a 90 zone (104)

Hopefully that's the end of this lol
Funny enough you do have tools with you to change it and you probably haven't realised. Holden actually supply a torx bit so you can change it and you'll find it with jack kit in the lock down cover

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Funny enough you do have tools with you to change it and you probably haven't realised. Holden actually supply a torx bit so you can change it and you'll find it with jack kit in the lock down cover
Hahah, forgot about that torn torx bit... maybe cause I’m old and headlight globes were always changed by popping the bonnet, removing the plug and flicking a lever all while lighting up a cigarett.. My how cars have changed :p

Last edited:

Mayuri Krab

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SSV Redline, Mitsubishi 380 ES

Now you mentioned it, I might have a crack at it when I get back to the motel/carvan park...

Although random dude with a single torch crawling underneath a "stereotyped by ACA hoon car" at midnight might looks sus to all the grey normads with their carvans & SUVs

Lol

Hahah, forgot about that torn bit... maybe cause I’m old and headlight globes were always changed by popping the bonnet, removing the plug and flicking a lever all while lighting up a cigarett.. My how cars have changed :p

Yeah I miss my old R33, pop bonnet, wiggle hand down the head light area, change globe & all done in around 5 minutes.

I mean who designed this current thread of having to remove a bunch of **** with tools to change a main bulb...

HotdogNo1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSv Redline A6 W407
Just wondering if this radiator hose is on correctly?

Attachments

• 20200726_132319.jpg
    20200726_132319.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 128