Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sloshing sound

Jordan_13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF
Have recently purchased a 2016 vf holden wagon over the last 2 days I've started to hear a sloshing sound coming from the back left of the car when reversing. What would cause this ?

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
If it sounds like waves against a boat while fishing in the harbour it's the fuel tank. See if the noise stops when the tank is full.

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
Dare you to take your back seat cushion out then move your car. Its amazing A: how much the fuel is moving and B: how much noise from the tank the seat base stops coming into the cabin.

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
Also check that the drain holes in the bottom of the doors aren't blocked leaving the doors filled with water.
This was my issue. Drain hole somehow got a leaf in it and water was only expelling drops at a time.

NJD-1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF-S2 SV6 Commodore
Fill the tank up, if the noise disappears, it’s the fuel tank sloshing.

Sound is the loudest on about 3/4 of a tank, below/above it’s fine. It’s a saddle tank so when the fuel is above the split for the Tailshaft, and fallen well below the top of the two sides, you won’t hear it

Theres very few negative things I have to say about the VF, but the lack of baffling in the tank is one of them!

Jordan_13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF
If it sounds like waves against a boat while fishing in the harbour it's the fuel tank. See if the noise stops when the tank is full.
That's exactly what it sounds like have only just noticed it my tank is at 3/4 it's so annoying

Jordan_13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF
Also check that the drain holes in the bottom of the doors aren't blocked leaving the doors filled with water.
Don't think it's the doors I opened and closed them fast and gave them a shake but no noise

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
The fuel tank.

My Ute does it when I reverse into my garage.
My ute does the same most audible when reversing up hill. I haven't reversed my SV6 wagon into the shed to hear the fuel slosh sound yet.