Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Snow Chains at the North Pole Safety Alert. !!!!!!

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Good to see nothing changes in here. The usual know it alls posting garbage. Snow soxs are not legal in aust because they've been deemed unsafe for aust conditions. End of story. I'd like to see the look on the face of the tyre dealer if you went and asked for winter tyres to be fitted here. As for your claim if living in Europe, cool story. Conditions are completely different here. When's the last it you saw anyone salting roads in aust?

*sigh* you need to read all my posts. Or maybe I'm just not being clear or something - I don't know. Apologies if I'm not getting my points across in a way you can understand them. I certainly am not a know it all and I am not posting garbage. I am sharing knowledge from years of first hand experience.

I know Snow Socks don't meet the legal requirements in Australia that Snow Chains do. I am not disputing that and I still carry snow chains as a result. And nowhere has deemed snow socks "unsafe for Australian conditions". Also, nowhere have I said anything about getting winter tyres fitted in Australia. All I have said is that if winter tyres were used in Australia, there isn't a maintained public road anywhere in our Alpine region that a winter tyre couldn't handle without chains. And finally, I have never said Australian roads were salted. As far as I know, they're not. We don't have conditions severe enough or long term enough to warrant the cost.

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback
Dunlop M3 Winter Sports 245/45-18's all round on an XUV for the win :wave:
oh, and a set of diamond pattern chains in the back, coz snow patrol says so ;) (psst, never used/needed)
XUV-NudgeBar_zpsad69c90e.jpg

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
oh, and a set of diamond pattern chains in the back, coz snow patrol says so ;) (psst, never used/needed)

pfft... not trying hard enough. :p

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
and spent much time in Jindabyne (assuming that's what you mean by "Jindi")

Lol, the fact that you didn't know Jindi just shows how full of crap you are, only tourists call it Jindabyne. I spose you're familiar with the Brindies?

Anyway, get your arse down here, look me up and we'll see how you go without chains where I take you, especially after the snow hits 600m like last weekend.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Lol, the fact that you didn't know Jindi just shows how full of crap you are, only tourists call it Jindabyne. I spose you're familiar with the Brindies?

Anyway, get your arse down here, look me up and we'll see how you go without chains where I take you, especially after the snow hits 600m like last weekend.

The fact I choose to talk correctly means I'm a full of crap and a tourist? Riiiiiiiiight. Brindies are the Brindabella Ranges. I simply choose not to be a bogan yobbo walking around saying "drivin down past the Brindies to Jindi in me Commy".

Like I said, any MAINTAINED road in Australia will be fine to drive on with socks and without chains. End of story.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
The fact I choose to talk correctly means I'm a full of crap and a tourist? Riiiiiiiiight. Brinies are the Brindabella Ranges. I simply choose not to be a bogan yobbo walking around saying "drivin down past the Brindies to Jindi in me Commy".

Like I said, any MAINTAINED road in Australia will be fine to drive on with socks and without chains. End of story.

Oh so you're being judgemental? My bad, I didn't realise.

Also you only said maintained on this page and I can't mind read.

That was sarcasm dude, why would you like it? You didn't know what Jindi was so you didn't choose ****.