Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

So i went from a sports exhast to a stock system

vt dreamer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE II SV6
Have some ****ing respect. it's people like you who keep hardworking individuals awake at night with your ridiculous sounding unroadworthy old commodore.
And it's harder than, not then. English.

Pfft.

Excuse me? i work up to 50 hours a week, I get up at 5 a.m., yeah my '98 could be considered old, but for an 18 year old i think it's a great start. it isn't un-roadworthy anymore, that's the reason for this thread, why such hostility, I just posted a topic about changing exhaust systems and the dramatic difference in tone it can make ( I'ts obvious it's a major factor when it comes to sound output. ) But i was surprised about the massive difference.

By the way; you have "vl" in your user-name, so it's fair to assume you drive a VL, i know VL's rock hard, but are older, then my "ridiculous sounding un-roadworthy old commodore."

When I get my old system put back on, i'll use a high quality video camera ( cheaper ones don't usually have good sound recording capabilities, and you can be the judges.

Thanks.

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
Excuse me? i work up to 50 hours a week, I get up at 5 a.m., yeah my '98 could be considered old, but for an 18 year old i think it's a great start. it isn't un-roadworthy anymore, that's the reason for this thread, why such hostility, I just posted a topic about changing exhaust systems and the dramatic difference in tone it can make ( I'ts obvious it's a major factor when it comes to sound output. ) But i was surprised about the massive difference.

By the way; you have "vl" in your user-name, so it's fair to assume you drive a VL, i know VL's rock hard, but are older, then my "ridiculous sounding un-roadworthy old commodore."

When I get my old system put back on, i'll use a high quality video camera ( cheaper ones don't usually have good sound recording capabilities, and you can be the judges.

Thanks.

You are putting the old system back on? Why would you deliberately go and make your car unroadworthy?
And I know you don't care about your neighbours, but I'm surprised you haven't had your car egged or keyed for waking them up at 5am every morning

ruggj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec 01
my exhaust seems to only get loud when its warm, when the cars cold you cant hear it, which is really awesome when i start work at 2 or 4 am in the morning, don't wake my neighbors :D haven't had a complaint yet.

vt dreamer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE II SV6
You are putting the old system back on? Why would you deliberately go and make your car unroadworthy?
And I know you don't care about your neighbours, but I'm surprised you haven't had your car egged or keyed for waking them up at 5am every morning

I'm getting a system similar to the old one, and where i live it's 40km/h for about 1/km strait road, and i barely hit 1,500 RPM, even with the 3" system it went loud, but it was controllable, when i said i don't care about the neighbors, i meant it in a way i will tear through neighborhoods at appropriate times ( if there is any :p ) but will go out of my way to try to make my car quiet as possible at times when people are trying to sleep, god, i;m not that ignorant. egged or keyed? love to see them try.

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition
Don't think P platers can drive a V8, or else i would think about it.:p

Depends on what state your in:D
i mean its not a bad thing having an exhaust on your V6, but i mean if you live in a suburban area, go out to work early in the morning and your car is loud then your neighbours would get fairly peaved. i know i get peaved if a person driving any car with an illegally loud exhaust drives past my house at 5 AM to go to work.
But the point as you pointed out is the tone difference its definitely different, the stock exhaust is alot smaller and doesn't rumble very much. as its stock
Oh and BTW you do know that putting on your old exhaust is making your car un roadworth as others have pointed out but its a 2nd time defect... doesnt that carry a higher penalty?

Last edited:

vt dreamer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE II SV6
Oh and BTW you do know that putting on your old exhaust is making your car un roadworth as others have pointed out but its a 2nd time defect... doesnt that carry a higher penalty?

My car wasn't defected, I just needed a roadworthy so I could renew rego. I live in a small quiet town, and have not had one complaint about my car waking people up, it was loud when i gave it some revs, but quiet when i feathered the gas.

Trevor 062

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE S2 SSV REDLINE & 07 VZ ACCLAIM WAGON
I must be getting old as I can't say I have heard a decent note come from a 6 with an "Sports Exhaust"... With the exception of the old holdens with a warm 6.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
OP, where abouts do you live? A lot of the time, when people modify a car, they are somewhat blinded as to how it really looks, sounds, performs ect. I think if they were to see another car modified in a similar way to theirs, it would open their eyes a little. If you would like, a i can remove my exhaust at the Y piece, and do a 2am, 6000rpm, flat shift into 2nd drive by for you, and maybe you'll realise what people are really thinking of you!!

Kevin Paisley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Jalpa tt
That'd be cool.....past his house, not mine but. Video op!!