Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

So i went from a sports exhast to a stock system

Kevin Paisley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Jalpa tt
I must be getting old as I can't say I have heard a decent note come from a 6 with an "Sports Exhaust"... With the exception of the old holdens with a warm 6.

Full house E49 charger with split system......mmmmm

SIG-054

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Senator Signature
is there even any performance gain to be had with a completley stock V6 with a sports exhaust?? i think they sound terrible.. but saying that, my vp has one but its pretty quiet as it passes the noise requirements every time it gets defected, but will replace it with a stock system when it dies.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
Excuse me? i work up to 50 hours a week, I get up at 5 a.m., yeah my '98 could be considered old, but for an 18 year old i think it's a great start. it isn't un-roadworthy anymore, that's the reason for this thread, why such hostility, I just posted a topic about changing exhaust systems and the dramatic difference in tone it can make ( I'ts obvious it's a major factor when it comes to sound output. ) But i was surprised about the massive difference.

By the way; you have "vl" in your user-name, so it's fair to assume you drive a VL, i know VL's rock hard, but are older, then my "ridiculous sounding un-roadworthy old commodore."

When I get my old system put back on, i'll use a high quality video camera ( cheaper ones don't usually have good sound recording capabilities, and you can be the judges.

Thanks.

Colour coded for convenience. Absolutely a great start. Even more commendable that already you have had the car in a condition considered unroadworthy. Bigger kudos that you "don't care about the neighbours. Yep, massive credibility. Why the hostility? Because a have a wanker up the street with a loud exhaust who also doesn't care about the neighbours. 5am is too early to have an exhaust that is considered too loud to be roadworthy and to not care about neighbours.

It'd be fairer to assume i drive a Captiva, or an S-Class as stated about 15cms to the right of my username. But yes, i did have a VL once, and as you would have already deduced with your super sleuth skills it was a V8 - but it was never defected for being obnoxiously loud despite this.

Probably no need - if it gets defected again that's enough judgement. If not then the law has done its job and one less car with unroadworthy bits is on the road.

My sincerest apologies for considered hostilities. You initially seemed blaze' about the whole caper but seem to have warmed to the fact that most people are unimpressed by bravado.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
There's few exhaust notes i'd tolerate at 5am, maybe an R32 Golf, with a full exhasut system, or a nicely worked V8, but, your cat-back V6, is not one of them...

vt dreamer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE II SV6
My sincerest apologies for considered hostilities. You initially seemed blaze' about the whole caper but seem to have warmed to the fact that most people are unimpressed by bravado.

I didn't post to impress anyone buddy, If no-one has anything to reply on topic, and is just posting to tell me I'm a jack-ass is better off looking up to the top left corner of their screen, and clicking "Back" (It's usually an arrow pointing left for those who don't know.) Because nobody here knows me, and judging me because of what I posted, is utter stupidity.

And there is no needs for apologies, sir.

As I posted this, someone ironically rode past my house on a seemingly loud motorcycle. I chuckled.