Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

So the VF is this what the front and back look like ?

Liberator

Reaction score
Members Ride
billy cart
Sorry for the double post also the vf is going to have be reveled before the 14th as that is when the supercar is revealed or what I think is more likely because it came out of the gm directors mouth the equlivant of feb 21st in America ( Daytona 500) which is the 22nd of feb , here's hoping its by the 14th

Last edited:

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Looks like the chunky VE A pillar.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Looks like the chunky VE A pillar.

I'd be amazed if the pillars change. Very difficult to change them without re-engineering the whole door, door opening & adjacent glass. ie: complete new body.

Reaper

Liberator

Reaction score
Members Ride
billy cart
I'd be amazed if the pillars change. Very difficult to change them without re-engineering the whole door, door opening & adjacent glass. ie: complete new body.

Reaper

ur right man there using the doors from the ve and the boots for the sports wagons so pretty sure your gunna have the piller you dont want guys XD

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
This is supposedly a spy shot of the VF Interior (Stateside PPV Caprice test mule, taken in the USA)

image.php

Note the column shift, which frees up centre console space for police equipment, doughnuts, and gigantic slurpies.
(It is unknown if the column shift will be an option for Australian spec Commodores,
however the mere existence option must be making taxi fleet owners and taxi drivers moist in their pants).

This image was taken form John Mellors GoAuto News
GoAutoMedia

The centre console looks like something on the flight deck in an early star trek episode.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
That interior shot appears to have vents at the base of the pillar. I don't recall the ventilation system in the VE having those, do they?

If the VE system doesn't have pillar vents, it would be an expensive and questionable modification to incorporate them in the VF, which tends to make me think that shot has nothing to do with the VF.

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
VEs definitely have vents at the base of the pillar (Used for demisting the drivers and passengers window).
image.php

The A pillar thickness and curvature matches up with the VE.
The inner mirror plastic trim pieces look the same, the hazard light switch is in the same position,
The Sunlight sensor at the top middle of the dash looks the same as the VE,
The cluster design is very similar to the camaro (Which the VF is taking a lot of global design cues from).
The Column shift is also one of those things, GM (Chevrolet) wouldn't fit a column shift to a sedan model unless it was either a people mover, or the target market was crying out for that option.
(And what private buyer in their right mind would want a column shift, unless you were fitting a front bench seat).

Also, keep in mind that this is the trim for the PPV model, which in terms of interior trim is actually lower (has less features) than our Omega models.
(At least in VEII guise).

It looks fairly legit to me. (Even though I am not a fan of how the entertainment unit looks)

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VEs definitely have vents at the base of the pillar (Used for demisting the drivers and passengers window).
image.php

The A pillar thickness and curvature matches up with the VE.
The inner mirror plastic trim pieces look the same, the hazard light switch is in the same position,
The Sunlight sensor at the top middle of the dash looks the same as the VE,
The cluster design is very similar to the camaro (Which the VF is taking a lot of global design cues from).
The Column shift is also one of those things, GM (Chevrolet) wouldn't fit a column shift to a sedan model unless it was either a people mover, or the target market was crying out for that option.
(And what private buyer in their right mind would want a column shift, unless you were fitting a front bench seat).

Also, keep in mind that this is the trim for the PPV model, which in terms of interior trim is actually lower (has less features) than our Omega models.
(At least in VEII guise).

It looks fairly legit to me. (Even though I am not a fan of how the entertainment unit looks)

You are 90% correct. The pic is of the dash of a PPV. The shifter position we know takes up way too much donut carrying capacity in the centre console, thus the column/dash shift. What you see in the pic is the ultra stripped out PPV cruiser. I think it provides a fair clue as to the shape and layout of the base model dash in AUS although we won't have the shifter in that position.

Reaper

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok so HSV had/have a problem with the VF. Logic would say it should be called the "F Series" following on from their trend over recent years. The problem is that Ford have owned that trademark forever. Thus for the upcoming model HSV is going with "GEN F"

Reaper