Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sony Xplod

G

grover

we've got a sony stereo and sony xplod speakers in the prime mover i drive at work.they seem pretty flash to me.but i used to rip the stereos out of my hot cars so i could only listen to that 5 litre throbbing..........................................

xstatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt gen 3 berlina
hello

sorry haven't been on awhile been flat out with work. Fusion haven't done me wrong i made sure i didn't buy anything **** if anyone wants to know i can give you parts and prices just let me know if you do.

just to bitch about sony xplod abit more i also learnt from the same guy when it comes to their subs (for anyone that knows what i am talking about) the 10" sub coil is exactually the same as the 12" coil, GO FUSION

cheers

scott

p.s i did get a pioneer head deck

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
Well my VL has a Sony 45x4 head deck, with 6" Sony Xplod speakers, Sony 222 Amp, and 12" sub. The whole setup sounds awesome and im happy with it. Sure a Fusion or Pioneer setup would be mint, but as far as value goes, I did good methinks

Mike.

MaNiac_VP

Mr Moderator !
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VPII Calais
A lot of decks that I've seen that used to come into repairs were fine, or just about.
The problem was that it got so hot inside the car that the unit went above its operating temp. specifications and basically stopped working to sepcs.

After cooling off, they were fine thow.

So if it plays up, wait for it too cool (wait till its completely cooled down)
and try to operate it again, you may find its completely fine again.

F

flisso

hey ive got a sony CDXS2000S head unit, hooked up with 2x4" xplod speakers and 2x6*9" xplods and i find that the bass gets xlent round 20 to 30.
Just have to turn 4"s down as they distort up that high. :yeah:

Jeff T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
I've got sony 3-way 6" xplods in the back of my VR.

Lets just say I keep them faded out.

They sound pretty bad. I used to think they sounded okay, but that was before I heard what good speakers sound like.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Talk about a thread ressurection! lol

Jeff T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
Hey would you look at that.

You know I didn't even notice the first dates before I posted, I just assumed it was a new one.

DazVYSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYSSM6
Ive just replaced my home theatre system (sony) as it was sounding siht huose and bort a Kenwood amp and dvd player and DB Dynamic speakers it sounds awsome compared to the sony for my car I have been negotiating an Eclipse MP3 head unit with MB Quart splits up front MB Quart 6x9's in rear and a Pioneer 12" sub I hope this set up will pump......

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
well since its come up. i got a bunch of sony gear in my camry ona pretty good deal. more than happy with the head unit. the speakers are ok but not as good as my much older mis-matched system in the commodore.

i do however have 2 sony xplod 12inch subs in teh boot and they have never failed me since i put them in over 4 years ago. they sound great, look great and have never been an issue. like any product i think you get what you pay for and the system is only as good as the install. screw up the instal and you risk the quality of the components.