Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Soo... i had an accident today (updated with progress pictures)

fnlow1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais '93
Glad your ok mate. Damn that steel did some damage tho.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
sad thing now ur gunna notice stuff not lining up as good as it used to. mates a panel beater and ive heard some stories.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
omg glad your ok mate damn shame about the ute but cars can be repaired or replaced you cant looking at that pic of the front end do you have plastic plates in ACT never seen them before shame about the rims does insurance cover them aswell and same with the number plate ?
yea ACT issue colourd plastic plates. and by the looks of it ill need a new one :p

the wheels are covered, cos i had them listed on my insurance policy. not sure about the replacement plate though... but ill just claim it against their insurance

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Did police attend? If so are they processing the truck driver for the dropping of the load?

Mate, with those photos you could work for our Major Collision Unit.
yea police turned up. interveiw me, and the truck driver. im not sure if he is getting done for having an unsecured load.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
and I'm sorry to say but I had to laugh at the photo of your ute with the guy standing behind wearing a Ford T-Shirt. I could've sworn I saw a smile on his face ;)

haha it probably was, he is my work partner... i think he was just amazed and couldnt believe it

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Glad you're ok Troy but I noticed something else a bit concerning about those photos. Most of the front end damage was towards the passenger's side... but it looks like only the drivers' airbag went off - the passenger one didn't. The left side of the dash looks completely normal, whereas the remains of the drivers' airbag is clearly visible. Is it just me or is that a bit of a worry??
drivers side airbag only :thumbsup:

i would have got passenger side too, but i took the car on the showroom floor which didnt have it

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Troy sorry to hear mate, on a good note it appears to have damaged your brand new alloy radiator:p
Since the whole car is going to have to be resprayed why not talk to the panel shop and pay the difference from the insurance and get a pearl overlay or a courser flake added:thumbsup:
yea, the supercharger is stuffed too ;)

i had it towed to our families usual repairer but they are too busy and wont be able to start on it for 4 to 6 weeks. so i have had it taken out of town to my uncles smash repair shop.

hopefully it needs a full respray. i know that atleast the front, right hand side and bonnet need to be done... but i am guessing they will have to blend it into the left hand side and the tail gate. as i said.. fingers crossed for a full respray cos ive got some nasty scratches on the left hand side ;)

im also going to ask about getting SS gaurds and flutes put in. if i have to pay the extra then fair enough... plus im also gunna see about getting a calais front bumper. if i get that done it will be a different looking car! the pearl sounds like a good idea... haha

im kinda glad its gone to my uncles shop. one of my uncles owns the place, my other uncle will do the panel work and my cousin is going to spray it. ive seen the work my cousin has done and it is imaculate. and im sure he is going to put the same time and effort into my car too.

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
troy good to see your ok mate. very lucky :thumbsup:
yeah the right arm will hurt for a couple of days from the air bag burning it a little like i had when the ones in my R8 went off.

mate when i think of that smell from the airbag mixed with coolant on a hot engine when i crashed mine i swear i can really smell it again!

with airbag going off and the undercarriage stuffed plus front work and wheels you could be looking at a write off depending on how much it was insured and how the assessor looks at it.
i hope you took all your possessions from it coz the a$$hole of tow truck driver helped himself to some of my stuff from my car!!! :bang:

OCS - Occupancy classification sensor.

The airbag system did not detect anyone in the passenger seat so it did not release the airbag. Otherwise Troy will have to replace TWO airbags...$$$$$$$$

sorry champ thats not how it works.
its a simple case he didnt have one.
the airbags go off depending on where its hit and the degree of impact and considering alot of damage on the passenger side if he had a passenger airbag it would have went off.
i didnt have anyone in my passenger seat in my R8...hit the tree on the passenger side front and both airbags went off.