Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Soo... i had an accident today (updated with progress pictures)

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
good to hear your alright and that your cars being fixed by the truck company and not you.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Glad you're ok Troy but I noticed something else a bit concerning about those photos. Most of the front end damage was towards the passenger's side... but it looks like only the drivers' airbag went off - the passenger one didn't. The left side of the dash looks completely normal, whereas the remains of the drivers' airbag is clearly visible. Is it just me or is that a bit of a worry??

OCS - Occupancy classification sensor.

The airbag system did not detect anyone in the passenger seat so it did not release the airbag. Otherwise Troy will have to replace TWO airbags...$$$$$$$$

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
WOW! thats nasty!..... good to see your alright but. i know what you mean by sitting there and thinking how close its came to a major disaster. not exactly the same circumstances but yeah happened a couple times. but its good to hear your ok. could have been ALOT worse... and as for the car? i always thort if the airbags went off that it was classed as a write off? and asif troy would be paying, there stuff up, there money:D.... btw did you tell them that the rims were really 20's? but shrunk on impact? *rolls eyes* worth a shot:D haha

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
Its a pity the steel wasnt at a manageable length so you could tune up the truck driver with it. I dare say that when the courts get finished with him though he wont be in so much of a rush anymore. Good to hear that you are O.K. though Troy, it could of been worse.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
and as for the car? i always thort if the airbags went off that it was classed as a write off?

not always, even a relatively 'minor' hit in the right area can set them off. So I dont think its a hard & fast rule.

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
OCS - Occupancy classification sensor.

The airbag system did not detect anyone in the passenger seat so it did not release the airbag. Otherwise Troy will have to replace TWO airbags...$$$$$$$$

wow! you learn something new every day :)

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
HOLY SMOKES..... Damn scary sh!t here. Is the car mechanically ok?? I though it was a V8 in there by the look of it Lol....

Make sure you take it to a good panel shop to quality repairs, also advise you thoroughly check the car all over after it gets repaired. Just worried about the radiator, could be stuffed.

Glad you're ok.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Troy sorry to hear mate, on a good note it appears to have damaged your brand new alloy radiator:p
Since the whole car is going to have to be resprayed why not talk to the panel shop and pay the difference from the insurance and get a pearl overlay or a courser flake added:thumbsup:

albert5268

Texas Hacksaw Massacre
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII LS1 6 spd
not always, even a relatively 'minor' hit in the right area can set them off. So I dont think its a hard & fast rule.

I thought they were classed as a write off simply because of the cost of new airbags, getting them installed and all the sensors set up correctly to ensure they will go off again. Maybe not in a vehicle with only two airbags, maybe this only applies to cars with side airbags or something? Can anyone shed some light on this?

Low_VX_Taxi

Blanned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blundstone boots
nah they are paying. it was their fault not mine

Juss goes to show it doesnt matter how good ov a driver you are, accidents do happen, glad to here your ok m8!! Also are you friendly with any body shops? If ur insurer allows you to chose your own repairer you can get the body shop to put a maloo kit (or whatever floats ur boat) on for you and repair any stone damage to ur paint work. My mate had some guy hit him from behind, he took it to his dads shop got the whole thing resprayed and all the minor imperfections taken out at the other guys expense. Sounds unethical I know but consider it recomperance for the mental damage and inconvenience.

juss a thought :thumbsup: