Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

sooooo, i dropped out of uni.

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute, diesel landcruiser 100s, hq panel van
well ladies and gents I dropped out of uni so i can really focus on my playstation 3 career, just can't do both at the same time.....

ok so really. I didn't drop out because I can't hack it, or wasn't passing, but because I was unhappy. I looked into the future and really disliked the idea of sitting in an office, it just is not for me. everyone else knew it, just took a while longer to work it out for myself. im really stressed at the moment, not knowing how long it is going to take to find a job, hard times unfortunately.

so now im looking for either a electrical or plumbing apprenticeship. so I might as well give just commodores ago just in case some one is looking.

20 years old
I was studying information systems and business management.
hard worker, i work part time (40 hours a week) at a fruit shop lifting about 4 tonne of crap a day. I usually start at 6am so no stranger to early mornings.
happy to sell the monaro if a ute is needed.

kind regards johnny

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
oh thank god,

i was getting worried about what you were doing with your life.....

D-Man

All over it...
Reaction score
Website
www.nextdigital.com
Members Ride
99 VT Calais II v6
would have earnt much more money at that desk job. fyi :p

nar good on ya mate good to see that your not pissing it away and you actually looking for a job!

hope you end up finding one mate!

unfortunately i am on the other side of melbs.. only know tradies over this way :(

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
My father recently retired from a office job, he says (6 months later) that he can barely remember a single day of it after 50 years there and most of the memories he has are from school and such. I think the same old same old is the problem. At least if your out talking to different people each day you will have something to remember from it

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
Im second year sparky and would recommend it. But unfortunately there isnt much work going on at moment. Not here in canberra anyway.

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
My father recently retired from a office job, he says (6 months later) that he can barely remember a single day of it after 50 years there and most of the memories he has are from school and such. I think the same old same old is the problem. At least if your out talking to different people each day you will have something to remember from it

Yeah thats another reason i like my job. I never know what the day will bring. I just turn up to work, and get told to go do a job here, then a job there. I sometimes go to 4 different places a day and am always working at different places and with different people. I couldnt stand working in the same place day in, day out for my life. but thats just me

scorp

Reaction score
Members Ride
04' VY SerII Acclaim
if all jobs paid the same amount of money, what job would you want?? the answer to that question is what you should be doing...good to see you stopped now instead of in 10 years time hating every day of work.

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
mate your right, theirs plenty of apprenticeships going atm. You should try plumbing as it really pays well. But as you said you were unhappy, do something that your interested in.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
well ladies and gents I dropped out of uni so i can really focus on my playstation 3 career, just can't do both at the same time.....

Its ok, My mate dropped out in year 9 to play Xbox, he managed a full time, uhhh career? of playing Xbox for 3 years, not sure what hes doing now, I think playing Playstation and continueing to scam the doll system.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
desk jobs can suck and sometimes its not always about the money.

I have mates who are on more then me (one is almost double my base pay plus bonus plus free lunch drinks plus nights out plus plus plus) but hey he has to wear a business shirt and tie and sit 13 floors up and in front of a computer for 8 hours.

I on the other hand wear a polo shirt, long pants (had been wearing boardshorts last summer) and sand shoes and spend as little time as needed in front of my computer, Im often wandering around the different workshops playing in cars, adjusting the radio station on the stereo system, or running up to maccas for ice cream :thumbsup: Play some backyard cricket or footy outside in a little park area just across the road at lunch or when its quiet or crack out the PSP and play some GTA or old school NFS :whistling

I cant buy as many things as my mates and sure when we pissup I have to sometimes go on the cheap and stick to JD or JB and coke and not buy 6 different shots in one hit as well, but hey Im having fun for my 8 hours a day at work and seeing as I spend more time awake there then I do at home I might as well be enjoying it :D