Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

sound deadener

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
As said above, rattles need to be found and stopped. A rattle is two things hitting each other, separate them with foam or rubber and the noise will be gone. Dynamatting everything won't stop rattles :)

Luke0011

Car Audio Installer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina 2005
well it will stop some rattles but not the most annoying ones

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
Well I've taken my parcel shelf off to take out my back speakers and i was tapping everything and noticed that the parcel shelf brake light was very rattly, the frame it sits on i mean, but it's not bolted down its like glued down or watever it is so i cant tighten anything. My number plate did rattle, until I stuck a sock under it XD But my boot lid near the windscreen area still rattles thats why I wanted more dynamat. Also on the VS, the spare wheel is on the left hand side, theres a couple of vents ... can it damage anything if I block them off?

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Yeah the parcel shelf is another common one. The VT design was relatively "loose", the VZ has more factory padding.

I got rid of mine by adding cloth sound deadener (the stuff they make from scraps of cloth squashed together, its lighter and puffier than Dynamat which wouldn't be good here) along the rim at the rear of the shelf, and along the low points of the shelf that were most likely to contact with the metal frame. The bulb holder itself was fine in my case, it was the shelf.

Lol @ the sock, still, it works :)

The vents I believe are to let moist air out, as the boot is prone to rust in all cars.

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
Lol @ the sock, still, it works :)

Yer, I had an odd sock one day and thought.. might aswell, saves me buying something and I still had a use for a single sock :w00t: Works a charm hehe :thumbsup:

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Yer, I had an odd sock one day and thought.. might aswell, saves me buying something and I still had a use for a single sock :w00t: Works a charm hehe :thumbsup:

And to think Dynamat want US$17 for that, and that's with an advert stuck on your car! ;)

License Kit