Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sound 'deadener'

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Ive often wondered how this stuff goes, compared to Dynamat.

Whats your opinion on this StoneX, have you used Dynamat before?

Mike S

Car Audio Pro
Reaction score
I've used both, not any real difference as far as I can see, both great products.

Any customer who wants a serious job done will get it quoted in the price, I won't do a major job without it.
Some people get it and don't even know it.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Ive often wondered how this stuff goes, compared to Dynamat.

Whats your opinion on this StoneX, have you used Dynamat before?
I couldn't compare. I've only used Flashtac (not a deadener), G-Spot Serenity MAX (I think it was called), and RAAMmat. From everything I've read they are pretty similar, the Dynamat has a little more mass but when I was buying it worked out 2.5-3 times the price for the same amount of deadener. That made it an easy decision for me :)

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
does this do anything heat wise? reduce/increase? as my boot gets bloody hot (yes in NZ it does heat up over 12 degrees sometimes) and my amp starts popping fuses, just a little one 350w, too hot to touch, im guessing its coming from the muffler as that part of the floor is hot as, would dynamat also reduce heat?

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
I would imagine it would reduce it a little, probably more like absorb it.

Thanks StoneX, ive used dynamat and the Jaycar stuff (brownbread) on a few cars and found the Dynamat did a HEAPS better job. Im just abit sus on whether it will act like brownbread or not. But by the sounds of it and others that have used it i wont be dissapointed.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Nah, it's a good deadener... Probably not as good as Dynamat but for the price, it works out better. I'm not sure what the price is these days with the exchange rate and postage but it was great value when I bought it :)

I still have about 1/3 - 1/2 a roll that I should make use of.

pugga

More Power!!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 HSV Maloo R8
It does weigh abit (roughly 9-12kg a box, my boot is 2 1/2 boxes) You won't know the boot is dynamated unless you do a **** job, Heres a pic of what the stereo looks like when it was all in. Yes i did do this all my self. After seeing what my mate paid for his setup and the **** job he did, theres no way i would pay anyone.

This is in a VS commodore

Attachments

• l_ad0a81aa3f0c9fdad564a05f93f0c28d.jpg
    l_ad0a81aa3f0c9fdad564a05f93f0c28d.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 471

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Nice install... Is that one big box? Or just made to look like it with the carpet? Fibreglass or MDF?