Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Spare 1.5 grand, what do?

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Hey MACE and others, recently got a $2,400 Uni scholarship. $750 is going to a full exhaust system, and about 1,000 will be going on other bolt ons and whatnot for the car. I drive a VS V6 Auto, so far all I have is your MACE memcal.
I was thinking getting CAI, manifold and plenum spacers (not sure whether 12 or 25mm, are 25mm perfectly fine?) which would only leave me with 250-500 depending on the spacers.
I would like to get either the cam+rockers package or just a big cam but not sure which would be better for my car.
So if you guys could help me with choices? Hah, cheers.

MACE

Reaction score
Hey MACE and others, recently got a $2,400 Uni scholarship. $750 is going to a full exhaust system, and about 1,000 will be going on other bolt ons and whatnot for the car. I drive a VS V6 Auto, so far all I have is your MACE memcal.
Congrats on the scholarship :D Monetary rewards aside, it’s a huge win!

Before proposing some suggestions for your requirements, would you be doing the work yourself or outsourcing that to a workshop, or a friend/family member?

Cheers,
Steve

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
I've kept this thread open as I can see it being more constructive then just your usual "get a V8" comments, in the other thread

Cheers,
Steve

By you selling people over-priced pieces of Wood?

MACE

Reaction score
By you selling people over-priced pieces of Wood?

And you can base this off your own first hand experience? Obviously not otherwise you wouldn't be referring to them as wood.

Therefore with no product experience, how can you make a valid accurate contribution? Common sense, suggest you can't

If you have any more questions/concerns please don't hesitate to ask.

Kindest Regards,
Steve

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I was thinking getting CAI, manifold and plenum spacers (not sure whether 12 or 25mm, are 25mm perfectly fine?) which would only leave me with 250-500 depending on the spacers.
I would like to get either the cam+rockers package or just a big cam but not sure which would be better for my car.
So if you guys could help me with choices? Hah, cheers.

What about putting it towards living during your edumakation? :unsure:

Reaper

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
And you can base this off your own first hand experience? Obviously not otherwise you wouldn't be referring to them as wood.

Therefore with no product experience, how can you make a valid accurate contribution? Common sense, suggest you can't

If you have any more questions/concerns please don't hesitate to ask.

Kindest Regards,
Steve

Golden, Thankyou for your time Steve.

Kindest Regards,
Mathew

MACE

Reaction score
What about putting it towards living during your edumakation? :unsure:

Reaper

That's another option. I know I had to sell my R31 Skyline that I was building up during year 12 as I couldn't afford the reg or insurance about 11 years ago given uni commitments. I suppose it depends on his circumstances

MACE

Reaction score
Golden, Thankyou for your time Steve.
You are an amusing fellow, The best thing is you know not the slightest thing about me nor my product experience.

However common sense may suggest that your Wood is overpriced.

Kindest Regards,
Mathew

No I don't know anything about you, but I though that the question asked was simple enough to warrant either a yes or no answer.

If you have any problems with me I'm more then happy to spend some time via PM resolving them

Otherwise we'll respectfully give it a rest

Kindest Regards,
Steve