Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Speed bump logic?

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
The speed humps down form my street are all rated for busses to cross comfortably. It makes no sense. I can cross them comfortably at 50kph in MY CAR. Why not use traffic islands and slow points? They make so much more sense. You actually have to slow down for a chicane.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I've never driven over a speed bump in my VP, jealous now :)?

TrEnNaVY

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6
who ever just gave me negative rep needs to read wot i said coz they look like a d***head, DID I SAY I WAS DRIVING...NO!!!

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
I know westfield in airport west (i think thats the suburb) has possibly the 2nd worst speed bumpers i have seen, my mates car hardly ever scrapes and he scraped from front to back.... id be screwed in my car lol
The worst one so far is in a little shopping centre in gladston park(spelling?), my mates wrx always got beached and that thing is lowered but higher then the legal limit, no **** it was higher then a gutter! if he didn't have awd for the front wheels to pull him off the hump he would of been beached...

Also, lowered cars, my rule with driveways/speedhumps/anything is hit them at about a 30-45 degree angle...

If you cant handle Westfields ones then dont go on the roof they are worse.Yes Gladdy parks are crap too.

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
who ever just gave me negative rep needs to read wot i said coz they look like a d***head, DID I SAY I WAS DRIVING...NO!!!

Its the internet,full of cowards.No face so no balls.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
they dont work ..... my aunty goes over them at like 80 and gets like almost airborn lol

if you went over one at say 40 km/h normal side street speed it would be quite possible to break something and would wear suspension very quickly

Now we know where he gets it from......

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
The speed humps down form my street are all rated for busses to cross comfortably. It makes no sense. I can cross them comfortably at 50kph in MY CAR. Why not use traffic islands and slow points? They make so much more sense. You actually have to slow down for a chicane.

lmao i wish they put traffic islands everywhere, more fun while your driving ;)
have some next to my house and its fun seeing how quick you can get threw them lol

I've never driven over a speed bump in my VP, jealous now :)?
you bastard! lmao and yes, im quite jealous :(

If you cant handle Westfields ones then dont go on the roof they are worse.Yes Gladdy parks are crap too.
the roof one's are what im talking about....
i can get over the one's on the main parking but i've never tried the one's up near the cinema's, to scared ill get beached loool

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
There is a speed bump in a carpark in Canberra and I swear a 4WD would have trouble gettint over it. It's ridiculously high and drops off too sharp. It's that bad I reckon even the Statesman would scrape.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I've got exactly 10 cm clearence on my exhaust so seems that I'm lucky there's no speed bumps around here. Who pays for damage done to legal height cars? local council? vicroads?