Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Speed limit lift in Victoria

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback
and the over 1 million speeders get home safely , just to find a fine in the mail after not having crashed,

yet have still broken the law, but it did not stop them speeding .......

93% of the fines are 5-15 km/h over , that would indicate a social acceptance ????

SpeedingStats_zpsvpvtfgrw.jpg

Statistics - Cameras Save Lives

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Yep, somehow Australia has been taken over by a govamint full of total ####wits and fun police. It's turning away from the lucky country and becoming a ridiculous politically correct load of crap nobody, other than some greeny do gooder minority ever asked for, so i'd be amazed if it ever increases until we get the grey haired nomads out of parliament.
They now close the smokers section of the pubs pokie room at nine pm (and I don't smoke I just hate the fun police) LOL thanks to council regulations they say, cos they don't want you to get cancer after dark or some BS so yeah, i'd love to see speed limits go up on the nice open roads we have but good luck.
You better vote for some Rev head sealclubbing shooters party or the like if you want any chance of something like this.

Wats_in_a_name

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
and the over 1 million speeders get home safely , just to find a fine in the mail after not having crashed,

yet have still broken the law, but it did not stop them speeding .......

93% of the fines are 5-15 km/h over , that would indicate a social acceptance ????

SpeedingStats_zpsvpvtfgrw.jpg

Statistics - Cameras Save Lives

You could argue using those statistics that giving people only a 2km/h tolerance makes offenders out of people who would otherwise be just average drivers. Years ago there used to be a tolerance of 10% plus 3km/h when issuing speeding fines. What other posters have said is correct. It makes people more concerned about watching their speedo than what's on the road which if anything makes things worse.

Eevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
hmm
ask a cop how many people move out of the way when they are doing under lights and sirens.
ask a cop how many cops still drive above the speed limit while under lights and sirens despite the above
i wonder why? (sarcasm)

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
How about this for a shameful statistic.
In Australia in 2015, 3027 people took their own lives. The national road toll for the same period was 1209.
If the government was fair dinkum about peoples safety, this is what they would be concentrating on.
But instead, they revenue raise because they are bloody filthy pigs who only really give a **** about the revenue, not people's safety.
Aren't these prices supposed to be working for the people of this country?
How about they show a bit of fiscal responsibility so they don't have to rely on the income from the revenue cameras.
#### it makes me mad.

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback
You could argue using those statistics that giving people only a 2km/h tolerance makes offenders out of people who would otherwise be just average drivers. Years ago there used to be a tolerance of 10% plus 3km/h when issuing speeding fines. What other posters have said is correct. It makes people more concerned about watching their speedo than what's on the road which if anything makes things worse.

Totally agree , they're make criminals out of the local vicar, Librarian, Rotarian, Meals on wheels volunteer etc

How about this for a shameful statistic.
In Australia in 2015, 3027 people took their own lives. The national road toll for the same period was 1209.
If the government was fair dinkum about peoples safety, this is what they would be concentrating on.
But instead, they revenue raise because they are bloody filthy pigs who only really give a **** about the revenue, not people's safety.
Aren't these prices supposed to be working for the people of this country?
How about they show a bit of fiscal responsibility so they don't have to rely on the income from the revenue cameras.
#### it makes me mad.

Yep, and the ones that suicide using a car are included in the road toll,

which is a really sick way the Gov uses to guilt us with fudged stats, to use other people's pain