Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Speedometer correction

alpha_au

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss
Hey all,
I've got a VT SS 304 V8 that I just bought. Didn't realise until I drove it home (400+kms) that it has 3.45 gears and speedo is about 10-12% out.

I've rang the local holden dealer and they want $125 just to have it corrected. Another local mechanic said $100-$150. That seems steep given that according to this thread: https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/vt-speedo-re-calibration.207883/ it isn't hard to do and takes all of 5 minutes.

Does anyone know if it's possible to get a memcal tune to fix this issue as I'd like to get a tune done anyway as it has extractors, exhaust and a cai.

Cheers in advance.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon

alpha_au

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
How hard is it to correct a speedo on a VR auto with 3.45s? I don't have them yet but be good to know for the future. I don't think Elm works on VR?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah ok just checked the link. I don't think it would work on VR as it looks like it needs to detect a heart beat. VR doesn't have heart beat.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
How hard is it to correct a speedo on a VR auto with 3.45s? I don't have them yet but be good to know for the future. I don't think Elm works on VR?

Use a speedo recalibration box and intercept the speed sensor wires, plenty of people here have done it. Jaycar used to have a good one but they don't sell it anymore (the one they list now is different).

KustomKulture62

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Specialized Hardrock Sports Disc 29er
We sort of had the same issue after fitting 16'' wheels and an easy fix.
Use the speedo app on your phone and adjust the speedo by the Mode Setting thingy to the left of the dash panel.
We were 7 ks out and corrected that via this, how many ks are you out.